View Poll Results: How much of G1 would you prefer to see done as CHUG?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early G1 (Golden Age): 1984-85

1 4.76%
  • Early G1: 1984-87

3 14.29%
  • Early and Middle G1: 1984-1990

3 14.29%
  • All of G1: 1984-93

14 66.67%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How much of G1 would you like to see done as CHUG toys?

Since I am a G1er but can not afford to collect reasonable condition G1 figures I would like all of G1 to be done in the CHUG line.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I for one don't want to see the Cliffjumper mould used for Bumblebee.
    Agreed. None of the G1 or G2 Bumblebee toys were ever shared moulds with Cliffjumper. The original Microman-based toys were entirely different moulds - just with shared engineering, same as Bumblejumper - but they were never shared moulds like say the Datsuns, Seekers, Cassettes etc. Also, there are LOTS of previous CHUG Bumblebee toys that people can go collect. Many that would be better suited to the character than a Cliffjumper repaint. Besides, aren't they releasing a yellow repaint of ER Cliffjumper as Hubcap? Makes more sense considering that unlike Bumblebee, G1 Hubcap is a retool of Cliffjumper.

Previous Cliffjumpers as repaints of Bumblebee never suited that character at all and I think that a yellow Cliffjumper repaint would have the same issue in reverse. The other thing is that G1 Bumblebee was also commonly available in red and G1 Cliffjumper was commonly available in yellow. Heck, at my local shops in the 80s yellow Cliffjumpers were actually more common (and Bumblebee was about evenly available in red and yellow)! So yellow Cliffjumper holds more childhood nostalgia for me than red Cliffy, and both red and yellow Bumblebee hold equal childhood feels. And let's not forget that Cliffjumper appeared in G1 canon in both yellow and red.

👆Cliffjumper in yellow in "More Than Meets The Eye." He also appears in these colours in "The Ultimate Doom" (beach scene).
    👇Sunbow had initially intended to use Cliffjumper's yellow colour for the cartoon model, but a decision was made later to use the red version instead. My guess is that some scenes weren't colour-corrected which is why we still see him on the odd occasion in yellow.

Ya know, I wouldn't mind seeing a CHUG Bumblebee toy released with a hatchback or VW Beetle mode body but with ER Cliffjumper's head - in yellow, and then sold as Generations Pretender Bumblebee. Replace the bazooka with a new Prime Master modelled after Bumblebee's Pretender shell. It would be G1 accurate since Pretender Bumblebee has Cliffjumper's head (but Bumblebee's body)!

[mod]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Don't bother.
    Play nice, please.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Wow, what an asshole. I'm trying to contribute to the list and you just ignore my help.
    He's entitled to use the board's ignore function (not saying I agree or disagree with his use of it). Please leave out the insults, thanks. If you feel a post warrants reporting, by all means report it.

[/mod]

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Don't bother. Once a user is on my Ignore list then they are completely ignored by me. I won't read their posts even if quoted by other users (I just keep scrolling without reading the quote box). Just to save you some time.
    That's so childish, a member has spent time putting together a list to help out with what is frankly a massive effort, even if it's an opportunity to ensure everyone is using your unnecessary classification system for the eras of G1 that only 5 people even voted on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Wow, what an asshole. I'm trying to contribute to the list and you just ignore my help.
    not an unwarranted response, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Minerva is probably the most obscure G1 Autobot I can think of, in that she didn't even have a name, that's the name of her Headmaster bonded partner.
    One repaint of Nightbeat, that's all she got!
    For an original redesign update, probably hardest to beat her for a candidate.
    She did get an animated toy, though rather hard to come by being the subject of a Botcon custom class, also not a headmaster.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I for one don't want to see the Cliffjumper mould used for Bumblebee.
    Probably why Bumblebee is coming at the end in a new mould

I doubt WFC Bumblebee would be a straight up repaint of Cliffjumper (although if it is, then it's well deserved payback ) but I reckon it will share some parts while mostly appearing to be a different figure.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's so childish, a member has spent time putting together a list to help out with what is frankly a massive effort, even if it's an opportunity to ensure everyone is using your unnecessary classification system for the eras of G1 that only 5 people even voted on.

If you guys would like me to publish my full list and take feedback from all I'd be happy to do that. And yes. I have put a lot of effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Board rule #1 - "Treat others in a way that they would want to be treated by others, with respect and dignity."

It's very simple. I'm not going to go into it further. /mod.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Probably why Bumblebee is coming at the end in a new mould
    Best Not sure if I need yet another CHUG Bumblebee... unless it's a VW Beetle

Best Not sure if I need yet another CHUG Bumblebee... unless it's a VW Beetle
    To be honest I'm more keen on a Cybertronian one from the first episode of the cartoon, but I won't say no to a VW either.