View Poll Results: How much of G1 would you prefer to see done as CHUG?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early G1 (Golden Age): 1984-85

1 4.76%
  • Early G1: 1984-87

3 14.29%
  • Early and Middle G1: 1984-1990

3 14.29%
  • All of G1: 1984-93

14 66.67%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: How much of G1 would you like to see done as CHUG toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    I'd say Scorponok got his due, as he's due out as a Titan Sized double Headmaster, which the original G1 toy was not.
    I'll cross Scorponok off the list after the toy has been released. Ditto other upcoming first time CHUGgers like Rotorstorm. Not gonna count our chickens until they've hatched.

I'm not really sure what Masterpiece is, but I think it's collectors items for display only.
    The mental image I have in my head is a Bumblebee toy the size of a leader class figure.
    Masterpiece... it's only been around for sixteen years now (longer than the original run of G1).
    MPs are designed for collectors but they are fully articulated and have various play features like interchangeable parts and occasional gimmicks. They're fully transformable and are certainly more than just static display pieces. MP Bumblebee is about the same size as a Deluxe figure.

But yeah, the point of this thread is about those names in black. How many of those toys do we want to see made as CHUG toys? I'd like to see them all done and I would buy any G1 character released in CHUG for the first time. This is why Ironworks was one of my grail purchases in Earthrise this year. I also enjoy new/original characters introduced in CHUG. I recently sold off my CW Aerialbots but I kept Alpha Bravo. And Scrapface and Hotlink are my favourite among the Trilogy toys so far.

The mental image I have in my head is a Bumblebee toy the size of a leader class figure.
    Now put that next to my Legends class toys of his compatriots and see why I would not want those toys.......
    Not sure why you're imagining that. The only Bumblebee I've seen leader size were movieverse (X3 or 4) or Cyberverse, neither of which are G1. MP Bumblebee has to fit in MP Optimus Prime's trailer after all and scale with the rest of the carbots, so he's in no way massive. Ver 2 seems to be smaller in vehicle but taller in robot compared to ER Cliffjumper.

I'm sure if you look up "MP *name of Transformer* size comparison" in image search, you'll find what you're looking for.

As an example, in the fifth post of this page (https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...76681/page-210), you'll find MP21, the first MP Bumblebee, with the Classics version and a 3P one.

With couple minutes more searching, I also found this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zXncFEEJ6lU
    Last edited by nalops; 29th June 2020 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added more info

Yeah, Rotorstorm's upcoming release didn't go well with me, because
    (snip)
    he is reusing Spinister's mould and getting a size downgrade.
    He should be Leader Class.
    Actually Rotorstorm would be a Voyager by today's standards.

Furthermore by this logic...
    * All Autobot Mini Vehicles must be Legends Class (former Scout Class - now most are)
    * All Autobot Cars must be Voyager Class
    * All Decepticon Jets must be Voyager Class
    * Optimus Prime and Megatron must always be Leader Class
    * Soundwave must also always be a Leader Class
    * Cassettes must always be Legends Class (former Scout Class)
    * All Dinobots must be Ultra Class
    etc.

My major priority at the moment is building a complete Micromaster collection, but unfortunately, Hasbro has only CHUGified a few of them and Ironworks, well, ended up being a Weaponizer instead of a Micromaster.
    P.P.S.: Ironworks was initially done as a Micromaster (called Irontread) last year as part of Siege. Earthrise Ironworks is the Micromaster Station that accompanies the Micromaster.

Also, the two Decepticon Air Micromasters released were Cybertronian form, so I had to replace those with an actual G1 team:
    There's a good idea. If you want your toy to be 100% G1 accurate then go ahead and play with your G1 Transformers!
    It's the reason why I've still kept my G1 toys (which is about 93% complete). If I want to play with something that's purely G1 accurate, then that's what my G1 collection is for. But I personally don't look to CHUG to just aesthetically regurgitate G1 back at me. I prefer my CHUGs to have more diversity and even originality in their design. This is why I prefer toys like Classics Mirage and completely skipped Siege Mirage. Similarly I prefer Generations Springer and skipped Siege Springer.

Can't get Countdown because he is only available with Titan Omega Supreme.
    I'm assuming it's because Omega Supreme is too large according to your "Must proportionately scale with G1" method (in which case Omega Supreme must be a Commander Class figure).

The others I wanted were not in black and most likely, won't be CHUGified because they were all part of the Combiner Wars release line:
    Air Raid
    Blades
    Streetwise
    Motormaster
    Drag Strip
    Brawl
    Predacons/Predaking (CW scale)
    These have all been CHUGgified. Perhaps not to what you precisely want, but they have been done.
    I'll say it again, but the purpose and intention of this thread is to discuss which toys we want to see become CHUGgified, not necessarily which toys we want to see become re-CHUGgified. I think that we have indulged you on your point for long enough and I would like for this discussion to remain on topic please.

I want the CW scale Seacons, but cannot afford them as they're priced too high.
    If they drop the price to 50% of what it is currently, then I can afford them.
    You don't collect most CHUGs (as they don't satisfy your exacting criteria) and you don't collect MP. How are you unable to afford the Seacons with such a limited collecting scope?
    Edit: The Generations Select Seacons don't count under Tilarta's method.

Minerva (Headmaster) and Quickshadow (Rescue Bots) would be nice, but I don't expect them to ever be released, as least as official fully designed Hasbro toys.
    Minerva is a possibility if they bother to repaint the existing CHUG Nightbeat toys or make a new Nightbeat that could be pre-tooled and/or redecoed as Minerva.

As to why I got the impression that Masterpiece figures were all Leader class, it's because the majority of video reviewers only show them next to other Masterpieces, giving me no context of their size/height in reference to official Hasbro toys.
    That's why all the review threads here on OTCA include the size of the toys on the initial post.

P.S.: I tried to recount my CHUGs using Tilarta's method - i.e. as slavishly G1 accurate as possible. After over an hour I've managed to sift through just my Early G1 (1984-87) characters and I'm too tired to push on any more. But anyway, just by means of comparison...
    My Early G1 CHUG collection according to Tilarta's Method = 21
    My Early G1 CHUG collection according to the UCM = 256
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 30th June 2020 at 02:04 PM.

Well, two toys I want to see CHUG-ified are Bumblejumper and red Mirage. I'm sure Bumblejumper could work as a Pulse exclusive retooled out of either Runamuck or Cliffjumper (yes, relax, you've got your Hubcap on the way).
    AFAIK red Mirage hasn't even been brought over to TF canon in any way, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. If we can get an all new purple Netflix deco for Mirage then nobody can tell me that the red Diaclone deco wouldn't have sold if they went with that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    (yes, relax, you've got your Hubcap on the way).
    But if they're doing BOTH Hubcap and Bumper, I'll excited... not relaxed.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I would rather see Bumblejumper made from a CHUG Bumblebee than the Cliffjumper mould as the whole idea of being a hatchback better suits the character.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I would rather see Bumblejumper made from a CHUG Bumblebee than the Cliffjumper mould as the whole idea of being a hatchback better suits the character.
    Sure. I'm not really fussed, just make it happen Hasbro!

Figure it would be worth bringing this thread up again just to point out that so many of us (myself especially) were wrong when we discounted the idea of a VW approximately Deluxe figure in the current line up.

Although it looks like Hasbro did have to go to the effort to get an official license for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Figure it would be worth bringing this thread up again just to point out that so many of us (myself especially) were wrong when we discounted the idea of a VW approximately Deluxe figure in the current line up.

Although it looks like Hasbro did have to go to the effort to get an official license for it.
    I was a little shocked at first as to the alt mode being so clearly a VW Beetle. Normally Hasbro likes to make alt modes that are a bit further removed from the real vehicle to avoid any potential copyright issues.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.