View Poll Results: How much of G1 would you prefer to see done as CHUG?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early G1 (Golden Age): 1984-85

1 4.76%
  • Early G1: 1984-87

3 14.29%
  • Early and Middle G1: 1984-1990

3 14.29%
  • All of G1: 1984-93

14 66.67%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How much of G1 would you like to see done as CHUG toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Still waiting for them to retool the Earthrise Cliffjumper into Bumblebee.
    I don't have a CHUG Bumblebee, so that would be useful.
    Just FYI, there are a few various CHUG Bumblebees for sale in the saleyeards if you look through it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    If you guys would like me to publish my full list and take feedback from all I'd be happy to do that. And yes. I have put a lot of effort into it.
    Please do. And I'll do my bit to quote your post.

Theres an artwork shot of Earthrise Bumblebee

https://www.facebook.com/transformer...type=3&theater

Unfortunately, that was not Bumblebee:
    Earthrise Hubcap
    No, it's clearly Bumblebee. The feet, chest and especially head indicate that. Heck, there's even Spike next to him.
    We have also seen images of an Earthrise Hubcap, but that's not who is on the box art.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    Please do. And I'll do my bit to quote your post.
    Oh, no need to quote it. If Gok doesn't want to read it then it's his loss.

And the post is up in the Matrix section. Follow the link in my sig. Feel free to make suggestions on things I've missed.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Earthrise Hubcap

I suppose those who wanted obscure figures will be happy, I guess.
    But for me, I'm like, Hasbro , why release some unknown character instead of Bumblebee?
    He's not unknown! Hubcap's been around since 1986 - that makes him just as old as Ultra Magnus or Galvatron! I don't know about your local shops in the 80s, but around my parts Hubcap was a pretty strong seller; easily outselling the biggest pegwarmer of '86 - Wheelie. Despite the fact that Wheelie had far more prominent appearances in canon compared to Hubcap (whose canonical presence was nil); good toys just sell themselves. And not to mention that Hubcap also appeared in the Generation 2 toyline. But we haven't had a new G1 Hubcap toy since 1993 whereas we've had HEAPS of Bumblebee toys, including numerous CHUG Bumblebees. I currently own five different CHUG Bumblebees (I used to own more but sold or gave away a few of them).

Bumblebee fans have had their fill - and apparently there's an ER Bumblebee coming out anyway. Don't you think it's Hubcap's turn?

This is what I mean though, I would personally like to see every G1 Transformer have a turn at being made into a CHUG figure. Characters like Bumblebee have had more than their fair share, and it's not as if Hasbro's ever going to stop making Bumblebee toys any time soon. Hasbro lost the rights to the Bumblebee name between 1996 to 2005 and they are very much determined to ensure that it never happens again. They went overboard during the 00s to early 10s when we would see endless shelves and pegs full of every version of Bumblebee imaginable. Battle Bumblebee, Stealth Bumblebee, Nitro Bumblebee, Scanning Bumblebee, Going-to-the-Shops Bumblebee etc. and fans were making memes like this...

CHUG Bumblebee fans? Yeah, Hasbro's got you more than covered. There's another CHUG Bumblebee on the horizon, and as Odie said, you can find previous CHUG Bumblebees easily enough on the secondary market (I got my LG Bumblebee second hand and it was super easy, barely an inconvenience). Let the others have their turn. I think that fans like to complete sets. CHUG started off with just two Seekers (Starscream and Ramjet) and it took them half a decade to release the rest in stores. CHUG gave us Grimlock but then we had to wait 12 years before they gave us the rest of the Dinobots. We're in the fourteenth year of CHUG now (wow!) and Hubcap is the only G1 Autobot Mini-Vehicle not yet CHUGgified (and yeah sure, they need to give us a proper Huffer and Pipes too).

But for me, I'm like, Hasbro , why release some unknown character instead of Bumblebee?
    Hubcap, like Bumblebee, is a character I've had and loved since I was a kid... I've been waiting a long time for a CHUG Hubcap... I'm thrilled.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Earthrise Hubcap

I have a G1 Hubcap on my G1 shelf. I jumped on an eBay auction for him back in the day when I saw him for the first time. Someone mislabeled him as Bumblebee and had a whole $5 on him. Postage was more expensive than Hubcap. I really like the guy.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

From my perspective, if they weren't important enough to be a regular character in either the comics or the cartoon, then Hasbro, Marvel or Sunbow didn't think the character was significant enough to make the effort of featuring.
    Over time some of these obscure characters have been featured in newer series as well as comics like IDW making them more popular these days.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Bumblebee fans have had their fill - and apparently there's an ER Bumblebee coming out anyway. Don't you think it's Hubcap's turn?
    Completely fair. Whilst I'm more than happy to keep buying CHUG Bumblebees if they make them, I really have no grounds to demand more. Give Hubcap his turn.

From my perspective, if they weren't important enough to be a regular character in either the comics or the cartoon, then Hasbro, Marvel or Sunbow didn't think the character was significant enough to make the effort of featuring.
    Not even for a one off appearance apparently.
    But toy canon counts as a canonical appearance. The toy canon is the core and backbone of the Transformers brand. It's a toy brand, not a cartoon brand or a comic brand - those things were created to support the toyline, not vice versa. And I get that having broader media exposure makes some characters more popular than others, which is why Hubcap is going to be a Generations Select exclusive; the current day equivalent of a mail-away toy - and even G1 Hubcap wasn't that obscure that you needed to send in a cheque with Robot Points to order him; he was available in any store. And let's not forget that we've already had CHUG figures of actual mail-away toys like Reflector and the Powerdashers (now all we need are the Omnibots and TIME WARRIOR)

Yes, there is a lot of Bumblebees and I've looked at them all over the past few days, trying to find the best one for my collection.
    Two, that's it, Pretender Bumblebee and MC-01 Bumble Bug (not available).
    So just because there are a lot of them, doesn't mean there are good ones.......
    I personally still really love the original Classics Bumblebee, but to each their own. The fact is that CHUG Bumblebees exist. Just off the top of my head you've got...
    Classics Deluxe Bumblebee
    Classics Legends Bumblebee
    Classics Legacy Deluxe Bumblebee
    Henkei Bumblebee
    Universe Legends Bumblebee
    Universe Legends Goldbug
    RTS Deluxe Bumblebee
    WFC/United Bumblebee
    Generations T30 Legends Bumblebee
    Generations T30 Deluxe Bumblebee
    Generations T30 Deluxe Goldfire Bumblebee
    Cyber Battalion Bumblebee
    Cyber Commander Bumblebee
    TR Bumblebee
    LG Bumble
    AOE Evo Bumblebee
    2014 Legion Class Bumblebee
    Authentics 13cm Bumblebee
    Authentics 18cm Bumblebee
    Authentics Super Bumblebee
    Authentics Titan Changer Bumblebee
    EZ Collection Bumble
    BUMPxTF Bumble

Granted even I don't think that these are all great (but I do think that some of them are good, but that's at least twenty three CHUG Bumblebees there. And you have had fourteen years to collect these.
    Here's a comprehensive list of CHUG Hubcaps:

Non-existent CHUG Hubcap

Nope

Cicadas

Tumbleweed

awkward silence

Is anyone even reading this?

Desmond rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Over time some of these obscure characters have been featured in newer series as well as comics like IDW making them more popular these days.
    Yup. Almost every G1 TF has had a canonical appearance now, including Hubcap who was also accurately portrayed according to his original G1 toy bio.