Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Transformer Ripoffs & KOs

Reminds me of the Transformers I got from the Mega Transformers Show Bag at the Sydney Royal Easter Show this year. Half those toys fell to pieces as soon as they were touched! :/

Check out Aircraft Transformable - it's a KO of Galaxy Shuttle but with the head, hands and feet of Lion Voltron!!

Here's a KO Predaking I found in China:

This one at a Wal-Mart in China:

These KOs I found in Malaysia:

lawl. d:

Aha, Just found this thread, I know sth that would certainly make you guys laugh

Kongfu Pandamus, from that BW NEO Alarm Clock

And the Olympicon I posted before

The mighty China can make every thing possible

That Kung Fu Panda Heinlad KO is hilarious (and horrifically mistransformed)! It's interesting how they've retooled the head to make it look more like a panda and also removed the tail, but kept it as an... accessory? What's also funny is how they've replaced the head of Po the Panda with the head of a real panda!

That Olympic-robot is weird. It has the head of Cybertron Defence Scattorshot but with the body of Shogun Warriors' Gaiking! And of course, it's ripping off the Olympic mascots!

AAAAAAAnnd--------------China continues to rock!

Bastket ball transforms to Yaoming,the sports hero in China

Almost better than Darth Vader IMO

Quote Originally Posted by amon View Post
    AAAAAAAnnd--------------China continues to rock!

Bastket ball transforms to Yaoming,the sports hero in China

Almost better than Darth Vader IMO
    now that is cool
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Okay, it's not Earth, but we may change it to Earth later on!

Quote Originally Posted by amon View Post

And the Olympicon I posted before

The mighty China can make every thing possible
    lol, I might give a crap about the Olympics if the mascots united to form a giant robot.

I don't know how that would worked with the Athens ones though... Pretender crossover perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger
    I don't begrudge Roadbots for stealing the concept of transforming vehicles because Hasbro stole the idea in the first place from Machine Men.
    Where do Gobots fit into all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_Wars_Superior
    Where do Gobots fit into all of this?
    I'm no lousy Gobot-lover, but to be fair, the Gobots came before Transformers - so technically it was the Transformers who ripped off Gobots. Although they did a damn good job of it and now the Transformers (quite literally) own Gobots. I say this because:
    + The Gobots line was cancelled due to competition from Transformers being too good
    + Tonka, the company that owned Gobots, was later purchased by Hasbro! Thus Hasbro now owns the rights to Gobots.
    + The name "Gobots" was used twice in G2, once as the name of an individual Transformer then again as the name of a sub-group (later to become the CR/RiD Spychangers).
    + "Leader-1" is the name of a Mini-Con in Transformers Armada
    + It is official canon that the Gobots' universe was inadvertantly destroyed by Megatron, forcing some surviving Gobots to flee into the Transformers' dimension and rebuilding themselves as Autobots and Decepticons (although I guess they still keep their organic brains).

The Gobot Renegade Bug Bite

Bug Bite in the Transformers G1 universe

Bug Bite as a Decepticon in the Transformers Classics universe

hahaha yaomingatron is gold

This was something I'd mentioned earlier on the TF newbies Q thread...
    Winged G1 Dinobot Sludge
    A few weeks ago some guy on YouTube called JadeTransformer sent me his review on a KO Sludge which he claims is a rare prototype. I called BS and challenged him to provide conclusive evidence to his claim. He got a bit abusive and accused me of being jealous. I then also provided counter-evidence against his claim citing reliable sources from both Transformers and Diaclone. I even provided Takara's customer call number if he wanted to call Takara himself and confirm his toy as being legit.

It now seems that he's deleted all of my video comments and I just tried to post some more counter-evidence but my comment didn't show up which means that either:
    1/ He's screening all comments and my comment is current awaiting approval, or...
    2/ He's blocked me so that I'm unable to make any further comments

I think #2 is more likely.

So I'm now asking for anyone else with a YouTube account to post a comment on this guy's channel - don't abuse him - but to point out that his claim is indeed a load of bollocks.

So the evidence you can submit to him include:
    1/ There is no mention of such a prototype in "Transformers: Generations," published by Takara (and the book does show a lot of other toy prototypes and abandoned toy concepts).
    2/ There is no mention of such a variant of this toy on Diaclone.net, which lists every known Diaclone variant and has photographs of them too (here).
    3/ toyarchive.com has a page covering this knock off (here). This toy is called "Prehistory Animal 3 Prontosaurus" and it has photographs of the KO in box.

There are already lots of other people who are falling for this guy's claim as you can see on his comments page. Please help me in exposing this guy and his so-called rare Dinobot for the fraud that it is.

Thank you.

done. Poor guy probably paid a crap load for it.

edit: it appears my comment hasn't shown up.