Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Transformers X Back To The Future Collaborative

A tiny image of the packaging we will see of the regular release version of Gigawatt (the packaging we saw in the original reveal was the limited edition Walmart packaging that was individually numbered).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A tiny image of the packaging we will see of the regular release version of Gigawatt (the packaging we saw in the original reveal was the limited edition Walmart packaging that was individually numbered).
    The figure they put inside that packaging still has clear plastic windshield and windows. Very disappointing. Just using a darker coloured clear plastic on those parts would've made the figure better.
    (I was hoping that the clear plastic on these parts were only used in early samples.)
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

I actually like that a lot more than the Walmart packaging as it will go better next to Ectotron on my shelf. Don't even care about the numbered release anymore (not that it was likely I'd end up owning one anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    The figure they put inside that packaging still has clear plastic windshield and windows. Very disappointing. Just using a darker coloured clear plastic on those parts would've made the figure better.
    (I was hoping that the clear plastic on these parts were only used in early samples.)
    It still could change before release, Hasbro wouldn't be oblivious to the huge volume of complaints online about it.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    It still could change before release, Hasbro wouldn't be oblivious to the huge volume of complaints online about it.
    Hope you're right. As it is, I don't plan to preorder, but if they change the windshield and windows plastic, i'd preorder it on sight.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Saw a new photo of Gigawatt with a tinted windscreen. Hopefully it's actually the final release.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Saw a new photo of Gigawatt with a tinted windscreen. Hopefully it's actually the final release.
    https://www.seibertron.com/transform...igawatt/45269/

Some more images by TakaraTomy, which means they must be releasing it as well.

The darker "glass" makes it look a lot better in car mode, hiding the parts inside. I wouldn't be surprised if the delayed release is because of this last minute change, due to all of the negative feedback they got when first revealed middle of the year.

Also wanting to point out here (it was mentioned somewhere else, but should be noted here), that Gigawatt should be at EB Games and Amazon Australia... originally planned for October, but I would imagine that it has been delayed a couple months after that since we are only just now seeing production samples.

The darker "glass" makes it look a lot better in car mode, hiding the parts inside. I wouldn't be surprised if the delayed release is because of this last minute change, due to all of the negative feedback they got when first revealed middle of the year.
    Excellent news on the windshield change. I hope all those who wrote off purchasing it because of this detail will preorder it now.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Excellent news on the windshield change. I hope all those who wrote off purchasing it because of this detail will preorder it now.
    I wasn't interested initially because of the windscreen but could now see myself picking it up to pair with Ectotron for an 80s film nostalgia shelf (displaying both in alt mode).

New in-package photo from the Japanese Transformer Twitter feed

https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/1310851811377635328