Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers X Back To The Future Collaborative

Default Transformers X Back To The Future Collaborative

A TF X BTTF Collab has been teased on the official Transformers Instagram and Facebook pages. It seems almost certain we'll get a transforming DeLorean, as it takes a prominent spot in the logo.

Celebrating 35 years of BTTF, it looks to be released later this year. No other details are known but it can be presumed they'll show off more in Hasbro Pulse's Fan First Friday.

New Info:

At around 3am AEST 3rd July, the Back to the Future X Transformers Collaborative was revealed on the Transformers social media pages:-

An Autobot called Gigawatt transforming into an approximation of a DMC DeLorean!*

A Walmart exclusive, 1985 Limited Edition individually numbered packages were produced in honour of the film's release year. Appear to have sold out extremely quickly unfortunately.

As reported by Geek Culture, 'A second variant will be released starting 1 October 2020 via HasbroPulse.com and select retailers around the world.' So luckily we can still get our own piece of BTTF 35th anniversary goodness.

Geek Culture also states, 'The Autobot comes armed with a launcher + whip antenna, detachable Mr. Fusion, and transforms from robot to car mode in 17 steps. Apparently, Gigawatt's eyes are designed to look like Doc Brown's goggles too.'

They also report that the Top Gun Transformer previously leaked has most likely been delayed because the new film was, with a new release date of December 2020 so we'll likely get more news around then, probably after Gigawatt's general release.

Artwork that is said to be from IDW, for their mini-series comic later this year.

Sources:-

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...46805978722938

https://geekculture.co/the-delorean-...amed-gigawatt/

*Seems like unlike Ectrotron and Cadillac, they either didn't want to or couldn't get a licencing deal with DMC, so there's no branding on it.
    Last edited by griffin; 5th July 2020 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added some official images

Gotta buy at least 2. Thank you Hasbro!

This is even better than the Ghostbusters one. The DeLorean is iconic.

I'm imagining an oversized Swindler with 5 POA

As I saw someone suggest on Twitter, the perfect name for this transforming DeLorean is Time Warrior.

I only ordered the Ghostbusters one the other week since they didn't end up selling out earlier. Will definitely get the Delorean as soon as it comes out.

"Wait a minute Doc, are you telling me you built a Transformer...... out of a DeLorean?"

sorry couldn't help myself.

Let's hope this one has a figure of Marty McFly or The Doc or both.

Because I found Ectotron's Slimer to be underwhelming.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mashabl...-pre-order.amp

Oh my God, this is so much better than I even thought it would be!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Consolidated the new info from my new thread into this one for easier viewing.