Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New 6-Inch Non-Transforming R.E.D. Transformers Line

Default New 6-Inch Non-Transforming R.E.D. Transformers Line

TFW2005 and a few other sites have revealed a new non-transforming Transformers product line called “Robot Enhanced Design” (R.E.D.). First figures are G1 Megs and OP, Soundwave and BB. Also TFP Arcee and a Cheetor.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Oh wow. That?s so unexpected......

So you have super articulation like a Revoltech, the detachable parts and accessories like Marvel Legends.
    I?m honestly not sure how well these will be received, but I?d definitely buy Optimus and Megatron.
    I?d buy Arcee if it was G1..... not sure there?s a lot of demand for TFP these days.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The first thought that came to mind... Action Masters!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The first thought that came to mind... Action Masters!
    But with better articulation!

Super keen on these, not so much the Walmart exclusivity.. but RK etc will come through hopefully

I think I might grab a Jazz, maybe soundwave. It's interesting that these are coming out so soon after the shitty barely articulated ones that have been available for some time now.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think I might grab a Jazz, maybe soundwave.
    R.E.D. Soundwave (TFW2005 has pics) includes an alt-mode Lazerbeak that can be stored in Soundwave. If these are all scaled and at the same price point, then tiny G1 Bumblebee should include both the robot and the car.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    It's interesting that these are coming out so soon after the shitty barely articulated ones that have been available for some time now.
    I think these new ones are intended as modern articulated action figures whereas Super7's ReAction figures are mainly for retro appeal display. I like both kinds but ReAction figures are expensive, at about the same price as these REDs.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

6 Inches is too small. I would of jumped on it at 12 inches though.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I think these new ones are intended as modern articulated action figures whereas Super7's ReAction figures are mainly for retro appeal display. I like both kinds but ReAction figures are expensive, at about the same price as these REDs.
    Also an important distinction is that Super7 Reactions are 3.75?, and only five points of articulation (POA). These look to have the articulation of Marvel Legends figures, and interchangeable parts (eg. hand for Megatron holding Energon cube).
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Interesting, but they don't seem any more articulated than the current MP toys. Still if they start making some more obscure characters I might get some.

A good way to get people in I think. I mean you can't say they aren't cartoon accurate right? Well, I am sure someone could. But I bet if you had enough after a a while they'd make a very nice display. I like 6 inch action figures and could probably happily get some of these guys (assuming the price isn't ridiculous)