Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New 6-Inch Non-Transforming R.E.D. Transformers Line

I like non-transforming animation accurate TFs, so might get OP and Bumblebee. However, I'll wait for more reviews before deciding due to at least one report of sticky plastic and bended parts.

Ewww, sticky plastic is so gross. There was a Hasbro line - I forget what it was called, but it was low quality plastic parts that were interchangeable across characters, and i had to stop collecting it because it was so gross. I think maybe it was Construct-o-bots?

I hope it was just a bad batch, and that other figures are okay.
    Last edited by reillyd; 18th September 2020 at 12:53 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Ewww, sticky plastic is so gross. There was a Hasbro line - I forget what it was called, but it was low quality plastic parts that were interchangeable across characters, and i had to stop collecting it because it was so gross.
    I had 'weeping' plastic syndrome happen to all my 1970s/80s Star Wars figures in the late 1990s, but those were vintage toys and that was in SE Asia where humidity is high. I had to throw those toys away. Hmm, i still can't find other reviews of these R.E.D.s.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I had 'weeping' plastic syndrome happen to all my 1970s/80s Star Wars figures in the late 1990s, but those were vintage toys and that was in SE Asia where humidity is high. I had to throw those toys away. Hmm, i still can't find other reviews of these R.E.D.s.
    I live in Melbourne, so my old Star Wars figures never did that, but they do, even now, have a very distinct smell. In fact I've discovered that if I pack a few new Hasbro Star Wars figures into the same closed ice-cream tub as my old Kenner toys, they take on that smell! That's okay, as it reminds me of childhood Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I live in Melbourne, so my old Star Wars figures never did that, but they do, even now, have a very distinct smell.
    I remember that smell too, in addition to the plastic 'sweat'. The closest scent i can think of would be ice-cream tubs.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I remember that smell too, in addition to the plastic 'sweat'. The closest scent i can think of would be ice-cream tubs.
    Maybe me storing them in ice-cream tubs is the secret to preserving and even enhancing that evocative retro scent.

The second wave was announced at Pulse-Con on the weekend, to include BW Cheetor and TFPrime Arcee.

Just like the first wave, these are Walmart exclusives in America. This second wave is scheduled for release in March for US$20 each.
    We were supposed to be getting the first wave at BigW next month, but that was from a few months ago, so it's release here is still unconfirmed.

Wave 3 have been officially revealed - Gen1 Bumblebee and Gen1 Starscream (with coronation outfit)... expected for April in Walmart in America.

I hate exclusives. I really do hope we get some if them here.