Thread: Legends Scale Bumblebee (VW Bug/Beetle)

Question Legends Scale Bumblebee (VW Bug/Beetle)

I am looking for a Legends Scale Bumblebee who transforms into a yellow Volkswagen Beetle.
    Basically, a G1 accurate toy.

Size scale desired:

Product can be either official or 3rd party, as long as the toy is size compatible with the figures above.

There's a toy I found called Newage H-1 Flipper. It's 3rd party and looks small but may be too small? I don't know much about 3rd party unfortunately.

Apparently so, he's half the size of an average Legends Class.

Ah, my bad. Seems like 3rd party is your best bet since VW didn't want anything to do with Transformers for a while. TFW2005 has a good 3rd party section that may be of help.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    There's a toy I found called Newage H-1 Flipper. It's 3rd party and looks small but may be too small? I don't know much about 3rd party unfortunately.
    I have Flipper, and he?s going to be way too small for Tilarta. He?s designed so that he can fit inside the NewAge Optimus Prime trailer, and is more legion size than Legends.

There is a Iron Factory Bumblebee in the works, which would scale better with what you?re looking for, but its still under development. The Titan Returns Legends Bumblebee would work better, but its definitely NOT an actual VW and just a repainted Cliffjumper.

If you?d like a G1 accurate Bumblebee, I?m actually thinking you couldn?t go too far wrong with a G1 Legends Bumblebee. These were released individually at American Kmarts as ?Legends?, or included in the Pretender release for Bumblebee which can be seen here on at Seibertron.com.

If you think that he might fit, you can often get them from eBay without the pretender shell and just loose.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I did find one 3rd party Bumblebee that may suit my purposes:
    Impossible Toys MC-01

But could not find any on eBay, so it looks like I won't be getting this one.

What about Mech Planet HS-09 Big Yellow Bee? Might be exactly what you are looking for

Badly designed, air gap issue.
    And I'm not the only one who thought so, the video reviewers and other fans said so too.

Legends Bumblebee is not a VW bug, whatever this is.

The Bumblebee movie has a legion sized VW

I have Impossible Toys Bug. It?s definitely not Legends scale, and is more like the G1 minibot (which can be had from Kmart now for $19)
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!