Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The TF Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I used TF wikia actively for the first time last night. I was looking for a bit more info on Tread Bolt and the other Universe 2.0 "Micromaster" repaints and found it to be useful while being fun. I found it to be very useful but w/out being very anal.
    TF Wiki and TF Wikia are two different sites We left Wikia in protest of their advertising policies (putting ads inside of articles, at first for all users, but then changed to logged-out/no account users due to complaints).

Glad to see you're enjoying it.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    TF Wiki and TF Wikia are two different sites We left Wikia in protest of their advertising policies (putting ads inside of articles, at first for all users, but then changed to logged-out/no account users due to complaints).

Glad to see you're enjoying it.
    Sorry! I get confused on all those differences. I just appreciate having a good place to find information that keeps in fun.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    TF Wiki and TF Wikia are two different sites
    "Judean People's Front!"

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I prefer to think of us as the place that actually updates content. Last I checked, the TF Wikia was turning into the Wikipedia (though with the benefit of our edits up to mid-September, 2008.)

Wikia was scared Pat Lee would sue them after an anonymous IP made a "legal threat", so they edited down his article. At least it's not as bad as what the Wikipedia did - *THOSE* guys absolved Lee of all of Dreamwave's dirty deeds.

Wikipedia is full of crap.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Bizarrely, I just learned something new about myself on TFWiki. I invented Gold Plastic Syndrome. That's right - all of you with broken Black Zaraks and G2 Slingshots... it was me! Bwahahaha! (Well, not really.)

(From TFWiki): "The earliest use of the term that can be found in the alt.toys.transformers archives dates to September 2002 in a post by user Sky Shadow".

And this was my post back in 2002:

"I have a MOC Pretender Monster Slog sitting on my desk, just begging me to open him.

However, if Slogs suffer from Gold Plastic Syndrome (i.e. the sort of brittleness that will make me want to cry) then I'd rather not put myself through that sort of torment.

So if anyone has any experience with GPS Slogs (or Bristlebacks, for that matter) could you please let me know? Maybe it's time we came up with a comprehensive list of diseased GPS Transformers.

I know about Black Zarak, Pretender Roadblock and G2 Slingshot. Who else needs to be quarantined?"

You broke my Slog and Bristleback you pr1ck! jkz

You need one of those "I'm Famous On The Internet" T-shirts now.

i dont think G2 Slingshots should be in the list

mine is super fine and its 2nd hand

maybe gold plastic syndrome doesn't exist, maybe its a ploy to jack the prices of certain toys up

how come Tf wiki doesn't have anything written on Staxx? he's so cool

and claims that in the episode "The Autobot Run" its a continuity error that Shockwave turns up.

I mean, Megatrons brilliant planned almost worked this time. The only reason he didn't succeed is because he took all day just to kill the Autobots in some fancy crusher device, Shockwave probably showed up to see an end to the great optimus prime and others.

i say it aint an error
    Last edited by roller; 27th December 2008 at 08:43 PM.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Staxx

He hasn't appeared in any fiction, to my knowledge, so all we have is a toy description.
    Last edited by FFN; 27th December 2008 at 10:01 PM.

Noticed that the following page was missing two toys.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_%28Movie%29_toys

1. TransScanning OP toy.

2. The repaint of the "Spychanger" toy - a Japanese movie DVD pre-order/purchase bonus. This toy was not packaged with the DVD but was individually bagged in a small clear plastic bag with its instructions sheet. It was meant as a pre-order exclusive of the DVD, but many retail stores had enough stock of the toy on the first day to hand out to buyers who didn't pre-order their DVD.
    Last edited by Kyle; 1st January 2009 at 03:03 PM.