Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The TF Wiki

wait wait wait

there are some people who DON'T want 'Cybertron' included in the 'Armada trilogy" ???

Whatever for?

Not quite. When Galaxy Force was first produced, it was intended to be a separate series from Micron Legend and Super Link in Japan, but Hasbro had Cybertron modified to make it a direct continuation from Energon. Some Galaxy Force fans didn't like this and criticised Hasbro for altering Galaxy Force like that. Later Studio Gonzo retconned Galaxy Force making it part of the same continuity as Micron Legend and Super Link, just like Cybertron was in the first place.

That doesn't meant that those critics "deserved" to be ridiculed though - to state that this is a fact is ridiculous, just because someone may not agree with them. I don't necessarily agree with them - I'm a Galaxy Force fan myself, but if Hasbro wants to change Cybertron then whatever... I don't watch Cybertron anyway so I don't care what Hasbro does with it anyway. If Galaxy Force fans find the alterations made to Cybertron to be so unpalatable then don't watch it!
    Last edited by Paulbot; 28th January 2009 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Continued from here

That's your opinion, not a fact. You cannot be seriously saying that it's a fact that Galaxy Force fans who were disgruntled with Cybertron deserve to be mocked. Nobody deserves to be ridiculed just because their opinions differ from your own. :/

Opinions =/= facts. Something that TFwiki seems to be incapable of recognising. (-_-)
    They deserve to be mocked because they were wrong, and they were sad about their arguments in an anime fanboy fashion.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

hmmmmm ive weighed up the evidence on both sides

It seems to me that Galaxy force should have been a sequel to its predecessors from the start, a series about a newly formed black hole, obviously it was caused by Unicrons destruction in Energon/Superlink

I have no choice but to side with Cybertron, the others were deserving of their fate

Case closed!!!

Roller has been a practicing continuity barrister for 25 years, if you have any problems understanding continuity and your place in it don't hesitate to visit his offices between 9-5

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    They deserve to be mocked because they were wrong, and they were sad about their arguments in an anime fanboy fashion.
    That's your opinion - and while I can see where you're coming from, it's not a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's your opinion - and while I can see where you're coming from, it's not a fact.
    C'mon... haven't we covered this?

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    For bias and tone, I think Pablo Hidalgo, content manager Lucasfilm's websites, said it best:

--- quote ----
    There are plenty of reasons as a TransFan to dig it, but what I particularly like is its absolute disregard to neutral voice. It never pretends to be anything officials and in fact, gets a bit bawdy in some of its language - especially its often-hilarious captions ... It's got the perfect mix of retentive detail and irreverence.
    --- end ----

As for 'lifting our standards' to be like other wikis, we don't want to emulate the Wikipedia or be like other wikis. In my opinion, that's what makes us stand out and makes us unique.
    The TFWiki does not purport itself to be fact.

Shouldn't this be stopped as it is an argument neither can win. one of those things like religion or politics.
    It is pretty much about a moral since it is about whether or not someone deserved something or not

17 - Unresolveable topics like religion, politics, social ideologies, etc, are discouraged. Other boards cater for that.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

While I'm not really sure about adding TFwiki to the board rules I am sick of the circular arguements. I've closed this thread before and if this continues it's going to be locked again.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

One suggestion which I think would be improvement on TF Wiki would be to update the Featured Article on the main page more regularly.

Featured Articles are an excellent way to throw out some random and interesting fact and provide stimulus and change. Between Dinobot and Minerva, I think they've had the last 4-6 weeks in there just to themselves.

I think the problem is most of our articles are unfinished in some manner, making them less than Feature worthy. I think Dinobot's is the only finished Beast Wars character article. I blame 2006 article standards, which was when the BW articles were written. Stupid past-selves.

I'll see if I can get a vote going on the next Featured Article, thanks for reminding me.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.