Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The TF Wiki

thanks

someone has edited the G1 Swerve page, it no longer says that he appeared in 'Forever is a long time coming' he did though in the race scene

I cannot find evidence of that line ever existing in the article according to it's history, but I'll edit the page to say he participated in a race blah blah during blah's experiments.

Done, also added him to the character infobox for the episode's article.
    Last edited by FFN; 12th December 2008 at 06:01 PM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

The page also makes no mention of reissue Swerve's name variation (ウエーブ) either. The Anglonisation of his Japanese is also incorrect - his name is Wave (ウェーブ) not "Weave" (which would be ウィーブ) or "Werve" (which would be ワーブ) (-_-)

To be honest I actually use Wikipedia more than TF Wiki when it comes to looking up information on Transformers. I (personally) find the Wikipedia articles more informative without the needless humour (the humour on TF Wiki seems to try to hard, the frequent contributors there try to make everything humorous and in my opinion it gives the site a "crude" and "amateur" feel).

Having said that my knowledge of Transformers lore is hardly comprehensive so TF Wiki may have more reliable information...

In my opinion the Wikipedia's coverage of Transformers is amateurish by comparison. So what if the TF Wiki has fun? We go into depth and detail.

Besides, I don't like how the Wikipedia is just used to post rumours, leaked photos or leaked toys.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The page also makes no mention of reissue Swerve's name variation (ウエーブ) either. The Anglonisation of his Japanese is also incorrect - his name is Wave (ウェーブ) not "Weave" (which would be ウィーブ) or "Werve" (which would be ワーブ) (-_-)
    Then fix it, and I will back you up if somebody attempts to revert it (I dunno, by saying "He's Japanese" or something).
    Last edited by FFN; 13th December 2008 at 01:17 AM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    if somebody attempts to revert it (I dunno, by saying "He's Japanese" or something).
    I speak Japanese fluently (I went to uni in Japan) and I do teach it for a living. I've also interacted with the Japanese TF fandom, my Japanese board name is 孫コンボイ (Son Convoy)

*sigh* Oh look, my edit's been undone (incorrect information which I deleted has been undeleted).

Japanese name: Weave/Werve (ウェーブ, wee-bu), later Wave (ウエーブ, u-ee-bu)
    Umm... no. Both ウェーブ (wee-bu) and ウエーブ (uee-bu) transliterate as "wave," although ウェーブ (wee-bu) is a better transliteration.

As I said before;the transliteration of "Weave" would be ウィーブ (Wii-bu) and the transliteration of "Werve" would be ワーブ (waa-bu), so ウェーブ (wee-bu) is not Weave or Werve.

I'm not going to edit that page anymore... as I said before, I'm thoroughly sick of my edits being undone for no apparent reason. (-_-) I'm just gonna go back to avoiding TFwiki.

____

P.S.: if you need proof that ウェーブ (ueebu) is "Wave" then here:
    レーザーウェーブ (G1 Laserwave)
    レーザーウェーブ (Super Link Laserwave)
    レーザーウェーブ (Binaltech Laserwave)
    Also refer to pp.012, 016, 039, 043, 055, 060, 117 and 128 of Transformers Generations Deluxe for Japanese spellings of Laserwave, Wave and Waver.
    TakaraTOMY's Encore Minibots page also cites the original ウェーブ (wee-bu) spelling but the Encore packaging uses ウエーブ (uee-bu) (image)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 14th December 2008 at 12:53 AM.

Nevermore has apparently fixed it. I dunno, but I don't really care either way.
    Last edited by FFN; 14th December 2008 at 08:39 AM.

I used TF wikia actively for the first time last night. I was looking for a bit more info on Tread Bolt and the other Universe 2.0 "Micromaster" repaints and found it to be useful while being fun. I found it to be very useful but w/out being very anal.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection