Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Starscream - MP52

Looks nice. Probably way more expensive than I would ever pay for yet another MP Starscream.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Gorgeous. Now this is the Starscream I know and grew up with. I can?t wait for Skywarp and Thundercracker. I?m in for 2 of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Just as I was about to sell my copy of the last one!

I suspect the tail fins are in the backpack. That side view gives me Sunstreaker vibes.
    You may be right. I'm seeing something that looks like it could be a piece of the rear fuselage and vertical stabiliser of the F-15 on Starscream's back.

There seems to be a double joint on the wings, visible in the profile and rear drawings, which looks like it connects two layers of the wing. It looks like part of the transformation involves getting the ventral surface (underside) of the wing, flipping it down, swinging up the tail so it lies along the wing, and flipping the lower layer back up to cover it.

Looking at the legs and feet, it looks like the exhaust nozzles shift backwards to form the heels - this, combined with the bigger front of the foot, should give more stability when standing up straight than MP-3.

That thing looks like it is going to have one heck of a backpack, of all the jet parts that aren't robot parts. There looks to be several layers of kibble on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I wouldn't really call it version 3 though, as the "version 2" mould only had some minor alterations, less than the amount of remoulding/re-engineering done to make the 3 coneheads.
    The silhouette suggests that this is a completely new mould like Optimus, Megatron and Bumblebee, which if true, it would actually be version 2. (unless TakaraTomy officially list it as version 3 like they did with Optimus)
    Looks like someone at TakaraTomy agreed with what I was thinking, as this one is being called version 2.

Still not a fan of the "x.0" gimmick. If they never have any other number after the decimal point, it is redundant, and a lame throwback to a concept that doesn't get used much in common vernacular these days anyway.

The backpack is actually quite unexpected, despite the recent complicated panel MPs with huge ones. I would have thought they could still pull off the seeker look while keeping it clean. The front looks nice and proportions a little less awkward than the MP-11 and MP-3 (I can’t stand MO-3, he looks bad).

It’s probably gonna be a tough sell for many, given they just completed the coneheads on the MP-11 version (itself a rework of MP-3) and many would have invested also in the Thundercracker, Skywarp and Sunstorm made in the past decade. The price definitely won’t help. MPs have definitely gone out of a price range that is reasonable to me (despite only having a few from the line).
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

No interest for me. good for those who just started. I dont care for it, I have my 6. I hope these tank and realise many have moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    It's official - Takara will be releasing a new version of MP Starscream. Here are the Figure King Magazine scans via TFW2005.
    The full-size scans from the Figure King hobby magazine that had the Starscream reveal.
    It notes 2021 in one of the paragraphs, which is likely to be when it gets released. That doesn't give them much time to do up prototypes and production, but usually in the past, the concept images are only released after a prototype is produced to make sure it can work... so I expect a prototype revealed in the next few months, as they put it through its tests before production.

This is strange. The first images that were revealed the other day showed the book noting on its cover that this new Starscream is version 2, but the paragraph inside the book next to the Starscream image (was too small to read in the quoted link), notes "version 3"... so maybe the publisher got it wrong somewhere, and we still have no official word on what TakaraTomy are calling this toy.

The problem with buying a new Starscream is buying the other 5 (or more) seekers to match. No thanks, I will stick with my current set, I like both my kidneys where they are.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The full-size scans from the Figure King hobby magazine that had the Starscream reveal.This is strange. The first images that were revealed the other day showed the book noting on its cover that this new Starscream is version 2, but the paragraph inside the book next to the Starscream image (was too small to read in the quoted link), notes "version 3"...
    If your reference was to the text to the bottom left hand of the frontal image of MP SS, then the text says "Convoy Ver. 3.0", with 'Convoy' in Japanese characters, if i'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by High_Q; 3rd August 2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Japanese characters don't display.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Ah thanks. If I had had more time I would have translated it to be sure.