Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Starscream - MP52

It's clear that MPs are only going to get more expensive. The push to cartoon accuracy means more folding parts/panels to create the smoothened anime look. More parts means more moulds. I don't know how much goes into the cost of MP moulds but I've read that the cost of model kit moulds are in the tens of thousands of dollars. For high end model kits, the moulds can cost $200,000 according to this.

More parts also means more time is required by factory workers to assemble each item. As the saying goes 'time is money'.

Starscream version 3 is a nice looking toy.

MP-52 looks good. I'm not offended by the price, and might pick it up. Gonna wait to see how the QC is first though. Don't need another junker like MP Hound.

Anyone know how much this will retail for? Ive zeen prices range from 300 to 400.

May consider if its low 300s.

In Japan it is about 30,000 yen (which is close to AU$400 before shipping), while EB Games here had it listed for AU$499.
    Asian sources might be less, as they often are.

Mine is 21,500yen/$266aud from AmiAmi before postage.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

It looks like the new version of Starscream will still be able to have the 1986 Movie coronation outfit... but it is something that you will have to apply for, after buying three Seeker Masterpiece toys - Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp. (which effectively announces officially that there will be a Skywarp, not that it was a surprise)

The details are on the Thundercracker product page at TTM - To get the coronation kit, you will need to send in a feedback form that will be packed with MP Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp, which are likely to require a Japanese address as the sender's address... so these might end up being very limited, and very expensive for anyone outside of Japan wanting it.

It also notes that both Thundercracker and Skywarp will be called MP-52+ .... which could be confusing, for anyone using the numbers for cataloguing or as an abbreviation.

MP52 should be out soon, and some more promo images have been tweeted out by TakaraTomy.

(the robot mode looks like a SFC figurine... and yet some how transforms into a jet)

Should be shipping around now. Anime Export is releasing 25/6/21. Robot Kingdom is releasing 26/6/21 and has some box pictures I've not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Should be shipping around now. Anime Export is releasing 25/6/21. Robot Kingdom is releasing 26/6/21 and has some box pictures I've not seen before.
    Robot Kingdom jacked up the price.

It seems to be sold out on the Japanese online stores. I don?t think I?ve ever seen that in the MP line.