Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Starscream - MP52

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    It's official - Takara will be releasing a new version of MP Starscream. Here are the Figure King Magazine scans via TFW2005.
    It appears they've found a way to hide the tailfins in the robot legs which is neat. Looking forward to seeing the physical prototype.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    It appears they've found a way to hide the tailfins in the robot legs which is neat. Looking forward to seeing the physical prototype.
    Yeah, it seems that this Starscream hides much of his alt mode in the back and legs, similar to MP-44. Someone in another board wondered about the extent of this MP's waist articulation given the placement of the cockpit in the bot mode. I don't have the MP-3/MP-11 mold and never saw any reviews for them but pictures show a figure with zero waist articulation, so this can't be any worse, i suppose .
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Unsurprisingly its the legs which sees the biggest benefit from the update.

Great for those who don?t have any of the MP3 / MP11 molds, but as someone who has/had both, I?m 99.99% sure I?m not updating. My wallet can?t handle buying another 6 variations.

It's official - Takara will be releasing a new version of MP Starscream. Here are the Figure King Magazine scans via TFW2005.
    Just as I was about to sell my copy of the last one!

I suspect the tail fins are in the backpack. That side view gives me Sunstreaker vibes.

Another one? Seriously?
    Not to get negative but there are so many other bots who have yet to receive the masterpiece treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Another one? Seriously?
    Not to get negative but there are so many other bots who have yet to receive the masterpiece treatment.
    We?ve been saying this for the past several years

To be fair, it has been nearly 10 years since the last MP Starscream and that wasn't even an entirely new mould.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I suspect the tail fins are in the backpack.
    Ah! You're probably right.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

If this has waist articulation I'll re-buy Starscream. I'm pretty happy that I haven't bought the remaining seeker MP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I wouldn't complain at all if this is something of an upscale of some of the ideas in the Newage Seekers. Those did the legs/tail fins in an excellent way, even at Legends size.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Like most, I think that there are lots of other characters that can be given the masterpiece treatment... however, I will probably end up buying all the new versions of the seekers...