Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Starscream - MP52

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I wonder if we'll get a new or retooled/repainted Soundwave and Grimlock, as they are the next level down from the big 4.
    Let's see... of the 1st "old" era of Masterpiece (before the size/style soft "reboot" at MP-10)...

MP-1 - Convoy/Optimus - 2 new versions in the new era (MP-10 & MP-44)
    MP-2 - Ultra Magnus (kinda) - 1 new version in the new era (MP-22)
    MP-3 - Starscream - 1 reworked version in the new era (MP-11) & 1 new version in the new era (to be announced)
    MP-4 - Convoy/Optimus - (see MP-1)
    MP-5 - Megatron - 1 new version in the new era (MP-36)
    MP-6 - Skywarp - (see MP-3)
    MP-7 - Thundercracker - (see MP-3)
    MP-8 - Grimlock - no new version (the larger size probably makes it scale well with the new era size scale)
    MP-9 - Rodimus Convoy (with Hot Rodimus/Hotrod option) - 1 new version in the new era of Hot Rodimus/Hotrod (MP-28)

So Grimlock is the only one left of the 1st era that hasn't had a completely new version done. It's an iconic enough character to sell if they did a new version... it just has limited redeco potential, so it's retail price would be very high.

Soundwave (MP-13) has certainly outlasted its era, and unless they did a redesign that allowed them to do a version as Blaster, I don't know if it is one that can be made much better. Since it is a block that turns into a blocky bot, it's engineering and appearance are quite well done, and has less flaws than other MP toys that have to do more "magic" with their transformations to look like their cartoon form.
    Soundwave has also been one of the most re-issued Masterpiece toys since it's first release, so there was a lot of demand for it.
    But with both Grimlock and Soundwave, I'm sure there are Japanese designers who have their own take on what the toy should look like (see the MP-11 modified version of Starscream), and if they can convince the bean-counters that it is worth doing (over a character that hasn't yet been done because it has limited redeco potential), we could see another version show up.
    After all, I never thought we'd see a 2nd version of Bumblebee or 3rd version of Optimus, because the previous versions were already good enough for those characters.
    (I could honestly now see a new version of Sideswipe/Lambor being done soon as well, as it was one of the first in the newer era as MP-12, it has a LOT of redeco/remould potential, and looks very simplistic compared to most other MP toys... especially recently).

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    We will be getting six ancillary characters with MP Raiden, but then i don't think the non-Japanese market is clamouring for these. Personally, I'd rather have MP Skids or Cliffjumper. And Jazz fans have been waiting for an MP for a long time, but that could be due to licensing issues.
    Was Raiden ever specifically noted by TakaraTomy as being a Masterpiece, or was it left vague and could have been a reissue or new Generations release.
    It has been so long since that tease came out, and nothing mentioned or hinted since. I wonder if they quietly cancelled it, if they didn't get enough interest, or because of the global financial downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    [snip] Was Raiden ever specifically noted by TakaraTomy as being a Masterpiece, or was it left vague and could have been a reissue or new Generations release. It has been so long since that tease came out, and nothing mentioned or hinted since. I wonder if they quietly cancelled it, if they didn't get enough interest, or because of the global financial downturn.
    An unspecified Raiden product was originally teased in TakaraTomy's Twitter account, and 2 months later in December 2019, as part of a Japanese railway exhibition, Takara officially revealed via a large display panel that work on Masterpiece series Raiden had started. Zero updates since then and nothing about any MP Raiden on Takara's TF site.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

They did tweet this image of teaser silhouettes. Obviously SUnstreaker, Megatron, MPM Ratchet, Runamuck, and top left guy, my first thought was Earthrise Astrotrain (not a perfect match though), but I have seen speculation that it could be the first part of MP Raiden.

Ah, but I just saw someone in the replies said it was Netflix Magnus. so.... That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by トランスフォーマー情報局
    ちょっと悔しかったので今回はビークルモードです!
    You know you're getting old if people are finding that Megatron H-tank silhouette to be nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    They did tweet this image of teaser silhouettes. Obviously SUnstreaker, Megatron, MPM Ratchet, Runamuck, and top left guy, my first thought was Earthrise Astrotrain (not a perfect match though), but I have seen speculation that it could be the first part of MP Raiden.

Ah, but I just saw someone in the replies said it was Netflix Magnus. so.... That sucks.
    My first thought was Siege Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    They released date and price details yesterday for four of those (Netflix Megatron & Ultra Magnus, MPM Ratchet and Sunstreaker)... and just having a look now, they have also released details for Runamuck as a TTM exclusive... so a bit of a letdown with that teaser image only being known toys.

Even though I almost definitely won't be able to afford this (like all other new MP releases), I am very excited to see what he looks like. We actually got a taste with the head that came with MP-44. If they can pull of a new mould figure with cleaner legs and nice proportions I'll be impressed.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    My first thought was Siege Magnus
    My first thought was a CR Magnus reissue, then I remembered Siege Mangus exist.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Is anyone else more impressed with UchinaConvoy's 1987 childhood photo than the actual news tweet itself? I love seeing photos of collectors with their toys as kids.

It's official - Takara will be releasing a new version of MP Starscream. Here are the Figure King Magazine scans via TFW2005.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!