Thread: Super7 Transformers Ultimates Wave 2

Default Super7 Transformers Ultimates Wave 2

Didn't see any announcement for them but here they are. Megatron Grimlock Tracks and Bludgeon.

As much as these look cool, the price tag again is a bit too rich for me

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/172522

If anyone is able to explain to me how these things are any different/better/more palatable than RED figures please do so. I've never understood the appeal of Super7's offerings and I'm even more confused given the antipathy some fans clearly have to comparable series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    If anyone is able to explain to me how these things are any different/better/more palatable than RED figures please do so. I've never understood the appeal of Super7's offerings and I'm even more confused given the antipathy some fans clearly have to comparable series.
    More deco, hands, accessories, and with the exception of Megatron and Optimus, completely different characters.
    Typically characters that you WOULDN?T see at retail, such as Banzaitron and Bombshell, or Bludgeon that only someone from the 80?s 90?s would remember

Oh and WAY more expensive too :P
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Yeah, deeper dives, more accessories and generally the sculpts run closer to the source material compared to RED. Scale and size also is different. Can't speak to materials as have not handled either.

Popcultcha offered the wave 1 Ultimates so hoping they also carry wave 2 (and 3...).

I am interested in Ultimates' take on the Action Masters. On the plus side, the Ultimate Action Master partners seem to have the same transformation schemes as their original counterparts. On the flipside, I just wish the main robots' designs bore closer resemblance to their original Action Master appearance instead of their earlier G1 designs.

For anyone interested these are now available for pre-order in Australia via the Popcultcha store website, who are apparently the official Super7 distributor or partner for Aus. They are ~$100 each individually or you can get the set of 4 for $360 with free shipping. This works out cheaper than ordering direct from Super7 in the USA (with current exchange rates). Interestingly they also still have all of the wave 1 figures available to pre-order.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/catalo...s+transformers

They?re also available from BulletproofVillian who also appear to be an official Super7 distributor partner and also have Wave 1 available, as well as ?adjacent? lines (G.I. Joe, Thundercats, Turtles) from the 80?s .

But the amount of product that Super7 is putting out, and the fact that retailers are charging up front for these, it may end up being cheaper to just order from BigBadToystore direct, as you won?t be paying interest on a toy you don?t yet have.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Super7 have posted up a video on youtube to show off these next four Ultimates, and some screen-caps can be seen here.