Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
I couldn't justify the expense of Optimus v3 or BW Megatron... and have trouble wanting to buy a lot of the recent ones due to their higher prices... this one I've decided against getting as well.
To date, I have continued to collect every single release, and almost all of the exclusives, but not the cross-over ones with other brands. But the last one I actually opened and played with was Ironhide from a few years ago.

The prices on new MPs have gotten ridiculous for a while, now even more so. If I didn't start off collecting from the very beginning, I probably would not have been motivated to continue collecting the new ones.

The high price also puts me off from opening and playing with one. I fear I'd scratch the paint or damage the toy in some way. The Siege / Earthrise lines are giving me the same characters and more satisfaction at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
They're barely Transformers anymore. Most of them turn completely inside out more than transform. The vehicle mode hides the robot parts, and the robot mode entirely hides the vehicle parts and replaces them with G1 cartoon accurate kibble. It's uninteresting.
I agree with this. Convoy v3 does look very good in both modes and I did get him. But I can't help but feel the MP transformation on these recent ones "cheat" a lot. All the parts on the surface of the robots are "fake" car parts. I much prefer the windows on Prime's chest being the actual truck windows as on MP Convoy v2. It is so iconic and one part I could not forgive for any "cheating"...