Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Starscream - MP52

I couldn't be less interested. I'm just waiting for Jazz, Mirage, Skids, Hoist & Trailbreaker. Seekers... again... do not interest me.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

As they are running out of moulds that have redeco potential (to make back their money faster)... it's not surprising that they would revisit this one.

I wouldn't really call it version 3 though, as the "version 2" mould only had some minor alterations, less than the amount of remoulding/re-engineering done to make the 3 coneheads.
    The silhouette suggests that this is a completely new mould like Optimus, Megatron and Bumblebee, which if true, it would actually be version 2. (unless TakaraTomy officially list it as version 3 like they did with Optimus)

I'm somewhat of 2 minds. New characters and paints, for sure I'll be in. And I do need to replace my Hasbro Starscream MP3 because he is brittle, and unable to transform from robot. I'd likely try get the last Starscream to keep with similar aesthetics of my seekers. But I would likely skip most of these new ones unless they are not any of the 8 we have.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

See what they cost. Under $200. That is manageable. $300 plus? If Starscream starts at that, what the heck is Dirge going to cost?

The Japanese text doesn't offer much useful information (more of a tease) - certainly nothing that lets us know if this is going to be a reissue or a new mould.

This doesn't really interest me much either. I also skipped MP-11 and only got variations of that mould as new characters that hadn't been done before with the MP3 mould (e.g. Sunstorm, Acid Storm, Coneheads). Unless the new mould is:
    a/ some amazing upgrade
    b/ a new character that hasn't been done as an MP before
    ...then I'm likely to just skip this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    See what they cost. Under $200. That is manageable. $300 plus? If Starscream starts at that, what the heck is Dirge going to cost?
    Excellent questions.

MP3 was about $100 and MP11 was nearly double that at about $180. Being "Under $200" would place it around the same zone as MP11 but if they're aiming at making it a significant improvement over MP11 then I reckon it'd be over $200 - possibly pushing the $250 or higher mark. Then add another $50 or so for Coneheads, so yeah, may well be approaching the $300 mark.

BRING. IT. ON.

'+' and all.

No real surprise here they released a new Megatron, Optimus and Bumblebee, Starscream was only a matter of time, and those are the big money makers for Transformers hence why we see new toys for them every year in the main line. I guess with MP's we are lucky if Takara gives us and ancillary character like Hound every one in a while in between the big names. It's annoying but surely people are used to keeping their expectations low when it comes to less popular Transformers being released by Takara.

I wonder if we'll get a new or retooled/repainted Soundwave and Grimlock, as they are the next level down from the big 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I guess with MP's we are lucky if Takara gives us and ancillary character like Hound every one in a while in between the big names. [snip] I wonder if we'll get a new or retooled/repainted Soundwave and Grimlock, as they are the next level down from the big 4.
    We will be getting six ancillary characters with MP Raiden, but then i don't think the non-Japanese market is clamouring for these. Personally, I'd rather have MP Skids or Cliffjumper. And Jazz fans have been waiting for an MP for a long time, but that could be due to licensing issues.

I think Takara wouldn't be able to resist giving us at least a heavily retooled MP Soundwave, given the original MP had more greebles than the animation model.

Something that I realised on TFW which I wanted to share here... based on TakaraTomy's unusual MP numbering system, I expect that they will call this version 3.0 to make it easier to differentiate from MP-3 and MP-11... however, why have the ".0" (point oh) every time they quote a version number on the box (a recent gimmick that FunPub started), if they don't use the system properly by never having anything after the decimal point, like a ".1" or ".5".

If MP-3 is version 1.0, surely MP-11 is actually version 1.5, because it is a variation of the original mould, not a completely new version.

A completely new design from the ground up would get a new "whole" number, while updates or remoulds should have a "part" number.

I hope and hope they number it MP11 V2.3.025+ just so I can sit back and watch the annuerysms