Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Starscream - MP52

Looking at how the wings open up, it looks like there's a panel that covers the tail fins, which fold up towards the back, and then twist sideways to hide beneath the lifted panel.

If that's true, it just speaks to my current dissatisfaction with the current direction of the MP line, which seems to be overengineering the figure and sacrificing playability and in order to get maximum likeness.

It's partly what has had me go pretty much all in on Siege and Earthrise as Shogo Hasui is now leading the engineering for those figures, and they now seem to have the same balance of character accuracy and engineering that made the MP-10 era of figures that he designed so satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    If that's true, it just speaks to my current dissatisfaction with the current direction of the MP line, which seems to be overengineering the figure and sacrificing playability and in order to get maximum likeness.

It's partly what has had me go pretty much all in on Siege and Earthrise as Shogo Hasui is now leading the engineering for those figures, and they now seem to have the same balance of character accuracy and engineering that made the MP-10 era of figures that he designed so satisfying.
    Right with you there.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    Why you be like that. I'm already looking forward to V3.14159265358979
    I dunno... I guess the thought of taking two and a half g's and parking it on a shelf just didn't appeal to me this time...

I think it looks alright, but not sufficiently amazing from the previous seeker mold to justify getting a whole set, even less so compared to the third party one Maketoys released.

I may get one though, as I do enjoy complex engineering if done well.

I am very curious to see the final product for Starscream. So far the pictures seem to show him as being a lot more smooth and dynamic than past versions.

Whether this actually puts a lot of collectors over the line is yet to be seen. So many bought the many various versions of MP-11 which was from a time of the not super duper expensive MPs. Recently we've gone into that super expensive territory, probably beginning with Sunstreaker. If this new one has that uber expensive price for not much improvement, I see potentially a lot more people being turned off. Gone are the days of good deals on figures like Ultra Magnus.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

As expected, clear scans of the Figure King magazine have been posted up, showing off Starscream.

Who is the two headed orange figure? What does it transform into?

Thundercracker is a very light pale blue that ive never seen before
    Last edited by Autocon; 31st August 2020 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Who is the two headed orange figure? What does it transform into?

Thundercracker is a very light pale blue than ive seen before
    Doublecrosser.
    Ramp/Shield

I'll probably get Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp (not really a coneheads fan). I only have MP-07 Starscream and missed all the MP-11s. This version is perhaps the definitive cartoon Starscream like MP-36 and MP-44 were from Megatron and Optimus. But too bad they can't make a straight air intake become gently curved.

If Starscream comes out in 2021, how long before Thundercracker and Skywarp come along do you think?

Scans from a new Figure King Magazine in Japan, showing off more of the Starscream figure (grey prototype).