Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Commander Class?

I'm struggling to think of which G1 characters they could release next in the new Commander Class scale. The first one that springs to my mind is Star Sabre, but I'm not sure if enough people would want to buy a Japanese Middle G1 CHUG toy. It's something that I'd love to see, and sure, I'd consider buying it to show my support to encourage Hasbro to eventually realise every G1 character as a CHUG figure.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    We did just get one in Titans Returns but could be retooled into Tidal Wave like they did with that mold. And the plane mode could represent the little Mini-con that came with him.
    Hhmm... a Commander Class Tidal Wave could work. Not sure if the demand warrants it (Leader Class CW Armada Megatron was kind of a shelf warmer). Wait... why would he even have a jet mode? I'd expect such a toy to be pretty much like Armada Tidal Wave - robot to three ships that can combine into a massive battleship. Ramjet could easily be included as a new Mini-Con (just as Siege Omega Supreme came with Countdown). Still, your idea of a Commander Class Tidal Wave isn't a bad one - just unsure if the market demand would warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I was talking about the other Broadside.
    This guy? From unused concept art?

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Broadside_(FOC)
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Something that might overlap G1 and Beasts and is missing from our collections: Monstructor.

At a height like Jetfire he'd be similar size to the CW gestalts, and would separate into six smaller robots that turn into beasts. If they can do large scale combiners at Titan Size, I figure they could do a smaller scale version for Commander Size

Bonus points, he can be retooled as Dinoking even more on theme if the rumours/leaks are to be believed.
    That would definitely get my interest! I've wanted to grab the originals but I know how it would end up...
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The more this idea has rattled around my brain today the more I really like it and want it!

The only thing missing would be the Pretender Shells - but I think we could live with out those (and some third party company might make them!?).

Maybe Dinoking can be Generations Select and have a bit more reworking of the Monster Pretender monster modes into more Dinosaur like alt-modes or even actual Dinosaur pretender shells (and the extra cost because of it)?

Also if a six combiner Commander Class sells, next stop would be a Raiden set.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Hhmm... a Commander Class Tidal Wave could work. Not sure if the demand warrants it (Leader Class CW Armada Megatron was kind of a shelf warmer). Wait... why would he even have a jet mode? I'd expect such a toy to be pretty much like Armada Tidal Wave - robot to three ships that can combine into a massive battleship. Ramjet could easily be included as a new Mini-Con (just as Siege Omega Supreme came with Countdown). Still, your idea of a Commander Class Tidal Wave isn't a bad one - just unsure if the market demand would warrant it.
    Didn't they release the Armada one at the same time as the G1 CW Megatron though?

I only mentioned jet mode because Trent brought up Broadside, who (in)famously has battleship and jet modes and was also retooled into Tidal Wave for the Siege on Cybertron set.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The more this idea has rattled around my brain today the more I really like it and want it!
    It could work. The thing is, with unified brands, Takara would want Dinoking - who did have cartoon appearances. So if anything it'd be Dinoking.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I really want Monstructor as a Titan. I see that as the only way to get a reasonable sized combined mode plus individual shells.

I never liked how tiny his G1 toy was. To me, he's a massive gestalt like in IDW.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

My vote's for the giant holographic Autobot that Hound used to scare Devastator.

Just kidding, how about the Dweller In The Depths!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    My vote's for the giant holographic Autobot that Hound used to scare Devastator.
    As a kid I used to think that holographic robot's name was "Meteor-One."

Ive changed my mind.

Surely the next Commander Class toy is the Giant Purple Griffin! I mean, just change a few parts on Sky Lynx, glue the two halves together and slap a nice uniform purple on it and done!

Also, griffin, why isn’t the giant purple griffin your avatar? Seems like a missed opportunity.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain