Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Commander Class?

Default Next Commander Class?

Something I've been thinking about for a while is what commander class figure we will get in the third WFC chapter. My guess from G1 would be the Countdown base, since he would be appropriate for a trilogy somewhat focused on micromasters. Of course the Countdown micromaster has already been done with Omega Supreme, but you could give the base it's own robot mode like they have done with other bases in Earthrise. Another suggestion I've seen thrown around is Armada Tidal Wave. Now that it's looking more and more likely the third chapter will focus on Beast Wars, I think we could get a new Magnaboss. Keen to see what other people might be thinking though.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

If it is going to be a Beast Wars character, I reckon it might be Optimal Optimus. Bear in mind that OpOp is massive - the original toy was a Super Class and he was also towered over other BW characters in the cartoon.

I'm being totally biased, but I'd love more Micromaster lovin' from Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Another suggestion I've seen thrown around is Armada Tidal Wave. Now that it's looking more and more likely the third chapter will focus on Beast Wars....
    Best of both worlds - the G1 Tidal Wave that turns into a Blue Whale from the IDW Wreckers comics!

I wanted Scorponok in Commander size (ala his portrayal in the Marvel and IDW comics) but that's not going to happen now.

I'd like to see Thunderwing, shell and separate transforming inner robot, maybe something like the IDW Stormbringer version?

Something that might overlap G1 and Beasts and is missing from our collections: Monstructor.

At a height like Jetfire he'd be similar size to the CW gestalts, and would separate into six smaller robots that turn into beasts. If they can do large scale combiners at Titan Size, I figure they could do a smaller scale version for Commander Size

Bonus points, he can be retooled as Dinoking even more on theme if the rumours/leaks are to be believed.

Broadside.

If it doesn’t happen I’ll be shocked.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Broadside.

We did just get one in Titans Returns but could be retooled into Tidal Wave like they did with that mold. And the plane mode could represent the little Mini-con that came with him.

I have thought about what character they would do for the next Commander and I still can't think of anyone super appropriate. I like Paulbot's suggestion of Thuderwing which would give them remould opportunity with Black/Sky Shadow.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Broadside.

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Who?
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Broadside_(G1)
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was talking about the other Broadside.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain