Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Australian updates to several upcoming exclusives

Default Australian updates to several upcoming exclusives

(this is quicker than posting updates to several different topics)

Some good news and some bad news, fellow Transformers fans.

First up the good news - for those who were wondering where the Netflix Ultra Magnus toy was, well, before you spend a fortune on securing one from overseas, it is still going to be at Kmart, but not until the Christmas sales begin later this year.

Gigawatt in October - should end up being at EB Games, Amazon Australia and possibly Popcultcha, JBHifi & Mr Toys.
    For New Zealand, it will be at MightyApe, Toyco and EB Games.

And now the bad news - the following items are NOT coming here to retailers (some independent online stores may import their own stock)...
    - WFC-29 Seeker 2-pack
    - WFC-30 Clones 2-pack
    - WFC-GS18 Autobot Tigertrack
    - Centurion Drone (grey Siege Brunt) with weapons pack
    - Alternate Universe Optimus (grey redeco)

This info is to help out collectors here who are wanting any of them, to not wait and hope they are released here... to go and secure them now from overseas before they go out of stock and cost a lot more on the secondary market later.
    Last edited by griffin; 18th July 2020 at 06:34 PM.

Tigertrack is up for preorder at Popcultcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Tigertrack is up for preorder at Popcultcha.
    I saw that, but even though they might be getting regular retail stock from Hasbro (and will be having the Gigawatt toy in October), I think they import products, like the exclusives that Hasbro Australia have said that they aren't importing here (like Tigertrack).

The Little Toy Company has listings for Dead Optimus Prime, Tigertrack, Rotorstorm, Greasepit and Exhaust (but wouldn't be getting them from Hasbro AU). Unfortunately not the 2-packs though.

I like that there's quite a few options with Gigawatt.

Really want a Siege Ultra Magnus but I'm guessing it'd be better to wait and hopefully find the Netflix version. I'm assuming that it'll be cheaper due to the sales? When would that most likely be anyway?

P.s. Thanks for the info, Griffin!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Little Toy Company has listings for Dead Optimus Prime, Tigertrack, Rotorstorm, Greasepit and Exhaust (but wouldn't be getting them from Hasbro AU). Unfortunately not the 2-packs though.
    I need to remember to say in these updates that these notes are only for the retailers here, and that independent online stores might still import their own stock.

Do you know if we are getting the R.E.D. line?

Quote Originally Posted by HazzaR View Post
    Do you know if we are getting the R.E.D. line?
    Hasbro Australia is trying to get them here, and will let us know if they can.

I should mention, I caved in and bought the Thundercracker/Skywarp 2-pack of Ebay, because I didn't want to risk losing out altogether because of this ridiculous distribution crap. And then I'll probably need to do the same crap all over again for Ramjet and Dirge...

The 'takara' option is always a possibility too, but in my experience they've been just as unreliable (if not more so), especially around release dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I should mention, I caved in and bought the Thundercracker/Skywarp 2-pack of Ebay, because I didn't want to risk losing out altogether because of this ridiculous distribution crap. And then I'll probably need to do the same crap all over again for Ramjet and Dirge...

The 'takara' option is always a possibility too, but in my experience they've been just as unreliable (if not more so), especially around release dates.
    OMP still has the Coneheads up for preorder. https://ohmyprimus.com/hbersdgrj.html
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.