Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers crossover Topgun toy Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My first thought when I saw it's robot mode, was Gen2 Cyberjet. The arms and legs (and the way it poses) look so similar, it's almost like the Hasbro person who drew up the concept sketches for this toy, just grabbed a couple of Cyberjets and copied them.
    Yeah, makes me wonder if we're gonna get them in WFC part 3 or the next line after that.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I'm not a fan of the robot mode but I'll get him because he's an F-14 tomcat and it's my favourite fighter jet (visually).
    I'm trying to figure out why he looks so rusty/dirty though. Is this a tie-in with the new film where they have F-14's rusting away somewhere? The jets in the original film looked pristine!

I like the volleyball gimmick but I'm perplexed by the motorbike... unless it turns into a target-master or something it seems kind of redundant.

Anyone got a U.S.S Flag we can line this guy up on when he comes out???

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (added the images, and official info to first post)

I have to echo other people's comments that the robot mode should have had some colour, especially since the robot parts are hidden under the jet, so it wouldn't ruin the jet mode having some contrasting colours to the off-white jet mode. It just looks a little boring.
    With Gigawatt having that awful windscreen, and Maverick lacking colour... Ectotron remains a class above these other crossover toys.

Nice to see that this one is officially licensed from the aircraft maker. I don't think Hasbro did that with Gigawatt though.
    I feel like they could've easily added paint to the underside of the wings and that would've really helped the robot mode. Paint on the guns would also have been nice since I imagine they store underneath.

Definitely seems like Hasbro was unable to get a licensing deal with DMC for Gigawatt as it doesn't have the logo on the front of the car, presumably because another toy manufacturer has an exclusive deal already or were demanding too much money. Bit of a shame since we've been able to get officially licensed Cadillac with Ectotron and now Grumman Northrop F-14 with Maverick.

You can really see the difference when you compare the press releases. The Maverick one mentions Northrop and Grumman multiple times while the Gigawatt one doesn't mention DMC or Delorean at all, instead having to refer to him as car and time machine.
    Last edited by nalops; 14th July 2020 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Would love to get a look at the underside, not too keen on the price and Deco, but if it's a sleek and tidy jet without nasty unhidden arms & legs all over it I'll definitely be getting whatever repaints this is getting down the line, even bright orange and tiger stripes (especially bright orange and tiger stripes!)

(at EB Games for September - details moved to here)

It looks like Maverick might be out in Hong Kong, as it was supposed to be out in September, but looks to be a little late.

Word is that the Maverick toy is being re-released at the end of the year, two years after the first release in late 2020 (has it been that long already?).
    It was originally going to be released just before the 2nd Top Gun movie was supposed to be in theatres, but then it kept getting pushed back because of covid... and with the movie out next week, the toy has been and gone. Unfortunately, this re-release is not coming out for another 5 months, some time after the movie has been and gone, so it will also be missing out on the promotion of the film to help sell it.

Transformers: Collaborative: Top Gun Mash-Up, Maverick Robot
    (Ages 8 and Up/ Approx. Retail Price: $44.99/ Available: October 2022)
    Worlds collide in this TRANSFORMERS-Top Gun mash-up pack! The iconic Grumman F-14 Tomcat jet from the original Top Gun film is a TRANSFORMERS robot, called MAVERICK (not to be confused with that other guy)! Who makes a better wingman than a TRANSFORMERS robot? MAVERICK stands at 7 inches in robot mode and can convert from robot to classic Grumman F-14 Tomcat jet mode in 25 steps. He includes a screen-inspired miniature motorcycle accessory. This bot is always ready to go vertical in jet mode. This Maverick robot figure also features folding jet wings, movie-inspired details, a helmet design inspired by the 2022 Top Gun: Maverick film, and 4 missile accessories that can be mounted on the figure’s arms in robot mode, and under wings in jet mode.

TRANSFORMERS robots have always been MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE, but now, through the TRANSFORMERS Collaborative, fans can experience these larger than life characters as they team-up, mash-up, and meet up with other characters, teams, and people who share this same special quality. Available for pre-order July 21 exclusively at Walmart.com

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hopefully the plastic isn't that awful ugly transparent colour the first version had this time, I doubt they'll change it but it'd be nice if they did

Hasbro, keep missing by that much |-|

Would be great if toyhax could give us some upgrade stickers. Looks great with some jet effects on a stand.