Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: War for Cybertron Kingdom officially announced

Default War for Cybertron Kingdom officially announced

Not long after an image appeared on social media, the official Netflix social media platforms have announced that the third part of the Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy will be called Kingdom.

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/stat...60126613774338

@NXOnNetflix:
    Did you crack the code? We're excited to reveal the title for the third chapter: KINGDOM.
    <Gorilla emoji> Get ready to go ape and get your claws out for KINGDOM! <T-Rex emoji>
    Till then, the war continues.
    As Griffin posted yesterday the image floating around social media and fan site is this:

And it's from this facebook page, who is in South America, so unless they know someone at their local Hasbro office, it's a bit of an unusual source for a leak like this.

Someone on Twitter's saying the word Kingdom in the Netflix reveal is the same in the leaked promo art so it seems highly likely that it's the real deal.

Looks like I'll finally have some figures with beast modes.

I love how random it is that Scorponok is featured.
    Excited for what comes in the toyline.

We haven't even finished Earthrise and they are dropping Beast Wars characters. I'd probably only get Optimus Primal if he ends up being a fun toy.

I’m super pumped for this line. A big array of beasts, as well as Bumblebee and a potentially good Galvatron figure? Count me in.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Just expanding on what Paulbot has in the first post.

The "animated" (moving) promo images from the last two weeks (images mirrored here from the tweeted video) of Jetfire, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, Optimus, Megatron, Elita-1 and Starscream, each had a Cybertronian letter hidden somewhere in the picture (some were obvious, some weren't)... and the letters spelled out KINGDOM, if you had them in the right order.

It's one of those type of cryptic messages that no one is expected to figure out (if anyone did, it didn't make the news), but is obvious when it is officially revealed... which had to happen once the image in the first post here was leaked on facebook (it is probably why those promo images had a letter embedded into each of them, to sit there unnoticed until it was needed in a hurry, to refer back to if some other site was about to steal their thunder with leaked info or image).
    If anyone actually noticed some of the Cybertronian letters on each of the character promo images, it wouldn't have made much sense, and even if you assumed that there must be a letter hidden on all of them and managed to find all 7 (Optimus and Ultra Magnus weren't obvious, and Megatron's is easy to miss), you'd still have a jumble of letters. And if by chance after all that you then came up with the word "Kingdom" from those 7 letters, it still wouldn't seem like the the right word, because it's not a name or concept used in TFs before.
    And even if someone thought that it referred to Animal Kingdom and must relate to Beast Wars, it still wouldn't make much sense to reveal the name of the third chapter within promo images for the first chapter.

I saw someone mention it on Twitter 4 days ago with it spelt out in an image:-

https://twitter.com/Protoman/status/...859612672?s=19

But searching through Twitter I found a Spanish tweet from 4th of July that had decided the message as Kingdom:-

https://twitter.com/novoide/status/1...164364288?s=19

Although there's also some articles about a Weibo member sharing their analysis of the poster on the 5th:-

https://twitter.com/TFormers/status/...231622657?s=19

Although yea, bit weird they teased it like that through the Netflix posters unless something happens during the actual show in Season 1 that directly points to Kingdom/ Beast Wars

That's interesting. So a couple of people were perceptive enough to see the lettering and figure out the correct word, and speculated what it could mean. It didn't seem to make the news pages of any of the major fansites though, as it wasn't obvious that it was referring to the 3rd chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's interesting. So a couple of people were perceptive enough to see the lettering and figure out the correct word, and speculated what it could mean. It didn't seem to make the news pages of any of the major fansites though, as it wasn't obvious that it was referring to the 3rd chapter.
    No one seems to have made that connection at all yea. Have to admit, I do find the Dog Mink tweets kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    No one seems to have made that connection at all yea. Have to admit, I do find the Dog Mink tweets kind of funny.
    Going back over the TFW topic with the motion promo pics, it is interesting to see that the letters were indeed noticed from the first three released around July 2nd, and after a few guesses with each set of reveals, the word "Kingdom" was one of the guesses when 6 and 7 were revealed (not that people knew that there would only be 7 promo pics at the time).