Thread: IDW New Publisher Placed on Administrative Leave

Default IDW New Publisher Placed on Administrative Leave

New IDW publisher placed on adminstrative leave after 5 days
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-leave-1304590

It's not a good sign when they don't want to say why someone high up has to be suspended from their job, just days into that position. IDW was already looking suspicious after the fishy looking transfer of debt and assets to the chairman just over a week ago... so I wonder if this has something to do with it.
    It doesn't look good for the company to have all of these problems in just a couple of weeks. I hope that it doesn't mean that they are in more serious trouble than we are being told, and they suddenly collapse... it would be like Dreamwave all over again, with a number of comic stories left unfinished (including three crossover comics that have either just started, or been advertised to start soon).

Sounds like the Chairman already had a loan to IDW holdings and this arrangement removes that debt in exchange for assets - sole ownership of a subsidiary and shares.

The subsidiary being spun off seems like a weird component in the group of holdings, probably from an age when they were more invested in publishing products than creative products, and the spinoff allows them to focus on the creative side.

At this point it's just speculation but it's either theft or harassment really.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    At this point it's just speculation but it's either theft or harassment really.
    Sounds about right.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I hope it doesn?t delay the publishing schedule. I want my comics!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!