Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Series Review: Transformers War For Cybertron (Netflix) - SPOILERS

Enjoyed the series and liked the dark tone of it.

Did not like Optimus Prime's stretchy torso. Very distracting and looked super cheap and could have been better modelled and animated without compromising the toy look.

Animation could have been more dramatic, and I don't agree with some YouTube reviewers who blame it on restrictions due to toy model accuracy. Animation is about timing and movement, but I do concede that budget can affect its quality.

Also: What was with the lack of Ironhide? Poor fella hardly had a scene!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
    Also: What was with the lack of Ironhide? Poor fella hardly had a scene!!!
    I know right. I remember him grabbing his rocket launcher at one point and going to check a door and that's it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I don't know, I felt the whole thing was kind of piss-poor. The whole thing just came across as a fan-made student project.

Why is it so hard for production companies to get a Transformers show right? The WFC and FOC games are STILL the gold standard for doing Transformers right, IMHO.

errrr... its ok.
    Was going to write some words, but my thoughts are pretty much mirrored (and undoubtedly delivered in a more entertaining way) by Thew in his Siege Talkathon vid.
    Only point of difference/extra bit I will add is that I loved UM being murdered by Megs. (I do not love UM). So that was a big YAY! from me.

Despite its shortcomings, I am looking forward to Chapter 2.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Good series except for the fact that Chromia and Elita-1 stay back on Cybertron and Arcee gets to visit Earth. Also hate the horrible death that the lovely Moonracer suffers.

I thought 'Earthrise' was said to have their Earth modes?

Couple of things were a bit for spectacle rather than logic story telling. Rather same same as seige.

Why does Megatron bleed pink?

Kingdom should be better than these two installments.

I finished watching Earthrise last night. It is definitely an improvement on Siege with smoother animation, some slightly stronger characters and cool environments. Alas it has the exact same pitfalls as Siege. A lack of direction in the story which stalls randomly until the last couple episodes. The voice acting and dialogue writing is beyond terrible. Optimus Prime’s voice actor was pretty sloppy in Siege but in this series they added him shouting a whole lot, but it just sounds like a terrible Christian Bale Batman impression when he does. The mercenaries were fine, just not very exciting, and it makes no sense that they somehow have a faction/faction symbol- Doubledealer even says as much but that doesn’t help anything.

On the plus side, I was a fan of the CGI this time around. It looks a little campy and old, but a lot of the visuals like Galvatron’s model and all the ship scenes (exterior and interior) reminded me a whole lot of Beast Wars. Galvatron is very stylised and cartoony in design compared to all the CAD figure models, which I thought it was actually cool.

The final scene with Dinobot looked superb and I’m very excited to see that look fleshed out more in Kingdom. It definitely looks like an optimised update of the Beast Wars cartoon visual style in the Earth shots. Another cool moment was when Bumblebee and Optimus see the flourishing organic planet on the other side of the Space Bridge, but disregard it because of a lack of (presumably mechanical) life signals.

Overall the show was barely passable in terms of story and performances, but it was salvaged for me mostly by the new visuals. I was surprised with how quickly it ended. There’s basically no way in hell that they replace any of the actors or writers for Kingdom, but they’ve made some positive steps. Someone said it on TFW, that they should really make as clean a break as possible after Kingdom when making whatever new Generations show comes next. Prime Wars and WFC should be left behind, particularly their showrunner/writer(?) who doesn’t seem to be up to the task. Give it to a fresh team and animation studio.
    Last edited by Bidoofdude; 31st December 2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Would love to see more actual transformations in the show instead of characters just popping in.

Random thoughts after seeing all 6 episodes:
    > Great for those who got their exclusives - Bug Bite, Exhaust, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust(?), Acid Storm...
    > Pity Astrotrain showed up for only 2 seconds.
    > As Deano85 wrote, a shame we don't see much or even any transformation (didn't people scalp Bumbleebee because he transforms into a VW beetle?)
    > Optimus's voice is so painfully slow when it's just not needed. Peter Cullen it ain't.
    > The jokes don't work given the overall heavy tone of the show - Red Alert's praise for Jetfire's flight, Optimus and blowing scrap up.
    > Yay for Scorponok lovers - can't understand what he says but get gets a lot of screen time, even when they grenade him (such a long, boring fight, slowed down even more by Megatron's and Optimus's interchanges).
    > Dead Universe reminds me of the 2001 Space Odyssey portal ending (and seems just as long and boring), but yay for Sky Lynx lovers.