Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Series Review: Transformers War For Cybertron (Netflix) - SPOILERS

In episode 6 when wheeljack took over the nemeses any thoughts on the seeker with Astrotrain and Reflektor since Thundercracker boarded the arc with the others? Or shall we presume its just a random Seeker?
    Also is it me or does Astrotrain look a lot smaller then his appearance in Siege?

Has Bumblebee in this entire series (as the Movieverse and in recent incarnations) become the G1 equivalent of Hot Rod as assuming the role of the next in line to take the matrix?

For me the G1 Easter eggs were a nice touch like when they battled on the Nebula, Ravage went straight for Bee which was a common battle in the carton series.

Outside of a couple of nit-picks here in there I thoroughly enjoyed the series and look forward to Kingdom..
    Last edited by Flukey; 1st January 2021 at 03:48 PM.

Brief thoughts about Earthrise...
    * BORING. Suddenly Beast Machines feels thrilling in comparison.
    * Voice acting^work is horrendous, especially "Emo-timus Prime."
    * English is better than Siege; only noticed one or two grammatical errors (incorrect possessive pronouns)
    * Episode 5 is completely forgettable and skippable.
    * Y U NO TRANSFORM?
    * Quintesson character ended up being just a generic monster. Yawn.
    * Mercenaries end up being pretty generic.
    * Scorponok little more than a big monster to run away from. Cue Yakety Sax (Benny Hill chase music).
    * Elita-1's TMNT team of Autobots and their side quest. Because the one thing we've learnt from the Star Wars Sequels is that audiences just love side quest driven stories.
    * For a show called "Earthrise," Earth barely features in it. Also, not that many Earthrise toys appear in the show. We have Doubledealer, Wheeljack, Quintesson Judge, Sky Lynx, Scorponok and... uh... that's it. Oh, and I guess Astrotrain too (I'd forgotten that he appeared in Siege too).
    * Sky Lynx reminds me of Col. Sanders^the Architect from Matrix Reloaded. Only that the Architect lectures Neo for 10 minutes in a 138 minute movie, whereas Sky Lynx lectures Optimus Prime for 20 minutes in a 30 minute episode. Geez! And he just repeats himself... it was a 20 minute lecture that could have been 1 minute long.
    * Why is Optimus Prime such an idiot? Nothing he does makes any tactical sense at all. It's as if he read The Art of War by Sun Tzu and thought, "I'm going to do the complete opposite of everything in this book!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Would love to see more actual transformations in the show instead of characters just popping in.
    Apparently the budget constraints mean they can't animate all the characters transforming (seems like a FATAL FLAW in a show called Transformers but anywho...)

My two cents

*Better than Siege. More characters, more settings, faster pacing. More stuff happens.
    *Prime continues to try and sound like Batman
    *Elita-1 is fast becoming my favourite Autobot leader. Will she end up with the matrix?
    *That Quintesson scene came out of nowhere but was badass
    *How many redshirt Cogs do you Autobots have?!?
    *People are already having fun with the novel lines written for this show. The fan service quotes from G1 are not required.
    *Stay on the boat Ironhide!
    *Soundwave really really really keen on deciphering stuff.
    *Poor Skytread. About 2 years too late to sell some Chromia toys though.
    *The run up to the final episode was great. The ending, as usual, a total anticlimax.
    *The show should be renamed "Optimus vs Megatron: Talk for Cybertron Trilogy"

Just watched it. Episode 5 was terrible but overall, it was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    *The show should be renamed "Optimus vs Megatron: Talk for Cybertron Trilogy"
    LOL
    It reminds me of IDW's Robots In Disguise series where you have some issues where, from cover to cover, it's just talking heads with bugger all action. Although RID's talking heads did serve to advance the story. But on the other hand, it was more prone to bad English, whereas at least Earthrise is grammatically better written (I'm genuinely curious to know what John Barber's native language is ).

Earthrise Episode 5: Like Seinfeld, only not funny

A small piece of me really wanted Robots Talking Slowly: Rise to be something akin to The Empire Strikes Back in terms of emotional gravitas & storytelling... instead all I hear now is the song Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer playing in my head every time OP & Megatron face off.

Kingdom will also fall flat on its arse just like RTS Rise did.

Unlike most reviewers, I preferred SEIGE - and the eps on Cybertron were certainly more interesting than on the Ark.
    Don't really mind that OP and Megs talk so slowly, but they had a lot of repetitive interactions that didn't really progress things, and there was a lot of aimless time in space (the Scorponok battle went for sooo long - why?). Ep 5 was super wacky - wayyyy too much exposition + I didn't understand where Unicron and Galvatron fit into the timeline thing... but keen for a new toy of him regardless :P

Did enjoy it more that Siege, but yeah,,, it has some issues.
    • Liked the cannibalism of the 'Cons (something we have seen before). Dark.
    • What are all the flags and banners made from on an inorganic planet?
    • The Cybertron scenes were pretty good. Made me want to buy a Netflix Chromia (so its an effective commercial for the toys, I guess).
    • Why did the the 'Cons lock Chromia in a cell with 2 EMP grenades on her back? And why did she not use them?
    • The Scorponok fight scene.... Way. Too. Long. Also kinda boring.
    • Why were Autobots "running" away from Scorponok? Surely their alt modes are faster. If only they were allowed to access their alt modes...
    • Did enjoy seeing some more characters.
    • I was somewhat disappointed with the Sky Lynx scene. That whole dead universe thing was crap.
    • In fact, the whole space-bridge and portals and dead-universe and decepticons-chasing-autobots thing was rubbish. After a good start to the show, these eps (3, 4, & 5?) just killed it for me.
    • I'm not sure how any Earth based alt modes fit into any of this story....
    • Yay, Dinobot!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    [*]What are all the flags and banners made from on an inorganic planet?
    NO CAPES!