Thread: More G1 packaging knock-offs on eBay

Default More G1 packaging knock-offs on eBay

It seems there are more and more G1 KO being released. You may inadvertently encounter them when searching for G1 reissue keywords, and not even realise.

Here are some of the new ones I?ve seen recently

G1 Grapple with no obvious tells on the packaging, and so it was inevitable that
    G1 Inferno would quickly follow.

Both toys were reissued under TRU Commemorative packaging, so they plus the TakaraTomy releases remain the only ?authentic? reissues.

G1 Warpath has been Ko?d, which makes discerning it from a Walmart reissue difficult. You might think you?re buying the walmart one and paying a premium for it, but get shafted. Inspect the photos of the back card (dual language version is walmart) - if they don?t photo, its not genuine.

I haven?t yet seen a G1 Gears ko but it would be likely as well to pull the same trick.

All the standard G1 cassettes have been KO, so if you are looking to buy the Ravage/Rumble, Frenzy Lazerbeak tapes, then again inspect the back of the card photos, even if it says walmart reissue.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Yeah bunch of 'new' ones out, a couple more coming in September apparently, no idea who it could be though - https://www.highendtfs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    It seems there are more and more G1 KO being released. You may inadvertently encounter them when searching for G1 reissue keywords, and not even realise.

Here are some of the new ones I?ve seen recently

G1 Warpath has been Ko?d, which makes discerning it from a Walmart reissue difficult. You might think you?re buying the walmart one and paying a premium for it, but get shafted. Inspect the photos of the back card (dual language version is walmart) - if they don?t photo, its not genuine.

I haven?t yet seen a G1 Gears ko but it would be likely as well to pull the same trick.
    Check the hole punch on the card. The KO has the hole in the middle while the originals/reissues have it to the right. I have a KO Warpath so I know

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Some KOs have also been putting it to the right - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transfor.../124272608194?