View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 78.95%
  • Only if cheap

2 10.53%
  • Only if something else (please specify)

0 0%
  • No

1 5.26%
  • Not even interested

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Decepticon Snapdragon

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Just got Snapdragon today. Havent had a chance to mess around with him but good to read this positive review.

Apeface should arrive next week after ordering online. They definitely complement each other as a pair
    I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on the pair.

I love the idea of Apeface but the jet mode looked so awful, and I've heard bad stories about the high density nylon used for the core of the robot mode.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on the pair.

I love the idea of Apeface but the jet mode looked so awful, and I've heard bad stories about the high density nylon used for the core of the robot mode.
    I should be picking up my Apeface from post office on Tuesday and will be happy to give a second opinion. Already have Snapdragon and do enjoy it although the cockpit on mine seems to a bit too tight for my liking.

My Apeface should be delivered Monday/Tuesday as well.

Would be cool if there was some 3rd party wing extensions for Apeface to make it look a bit less boxy. I'm sure he will spend the least time in jet mode compared to the others

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    My Apeface should be delivered Monday/Tuesday as well.

Would be cool if there was some 3rd party wing extensions for Apeface to make it look a bit less boxy. I'm sure he will spend the least time in jet mode compared to the others
    I can't wait to receive my Snapdragon! I've been living vicariously through others' experiences. As for Apeface, yes his jet mode is a box, TBH, mine spends most of his time in gorilla mode as its way more fun! And looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I can't wait to receive my Snapdragon! I've been living vicariously through others' experiences. As for Apeface, yes his jet mode is a box, TBH, mine spends most of his time in gorilla mode as its way more fun! And looks cool.
    Snapdragon is great. Have had alot of fun with him so far.

As always Siege Jetfires guns improve Apefaces jet mode alot.

Having both Snapdragon and Apeface, is it just me or do their heads work well on each other?

G1 Snapdragon is my favourite G1 toy (not accounting for sentimentality), so the ER version had some unreasonably high expectations. But overall I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. This is a neat figure that is fun to muck about with and slavishly accurate to the G1 version.
    Probably my 2nd fav Seige/ER fig (behind ER OP).
    The main negative is the arms/engine pods. These should have been designed so the elbow joint compresses into the upper arm, so that the 2 halves look flush in jet mode. Allowing the halves to extend, exposing the elbow joint in bot mode, would have then allowed a bit more space between, and in turn a full elbow bend.
    Oh and the crotch piece in beast mode (back piece in bot mode) doesn't lock in place. Don't know if that's just mine, or me doing something not quite right. Anyone else have an issue with this?
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

In a fit of boredom on the weekend I discovered that this figure doesn't play particularly nicely with any of the TR era Titan Masters. I couldn't get any of them with a nice fit (tried Terri-bull, Loudmouth, Clobber, and the 2016 Apeface), and the beast mode's neck/jaw is contoured so that Snapdragon's helmet fits flush up against it. You can still make it work with other Titan Masters, but not as nice.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Oh and the crotch piece in beast mode (back piece in bot mode) doesn't lock in place. Don't know if that's just mine, or me doing something not quite right. Anyone else have an issue with this?
    The best you can do is tab the bot mode chest plate into the tail, and line up the black posts on the chest plate with the posts on the back plate. Doesn't click or lock, but is still a serviceable connection.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I got mine last weekend and I rather like its a lots. But I do have some niggles.
    Like the back are in the jet mode, why does it have big gaps there? Actually I know why. Design, but I think it looks a bit silly.
    Also I agree with Klystron about the arms. They would've been much better if the elbows retracted. It would look a lot better in jet mode too. Cockpit paint is super nice and I likey. I wish other headmasters had cockpit paint in them.

Transformation seems obvious and easy between all modes.
    His legs a re really long and can be pretty well posed which I like. I am also pleased that he has double laser guns. One thing I find interesting is Snapdragon's heels. they have a swivel on them allowing a 90 turn... for no apparent reason. If done in robot mode it shortens his foot and upsets balance. If done for dragon mode, he gets two tail nub things. But he hasn't any anywhere else, so that can't be the reason....

Krunk (?) is nicely painted, but I get frustrated plugging his head in to the dragon. I DO like that the bits on his arms are meant to fill the eye sockets, giving the dragon red eyes. BUT getting his little noggin in the clip so that the arms match up to the eyes is a real PITA. Then when I wiggle the jaw, the eye bits have a tendency to move put f position.

Unlike Sharky McShark, I've might have had more success with older TM integration. I got Slugslinger Jr. into the robot mode, but I think the chunkier head would be too hard for Dragon mode. However, I noticed that Krunk has a rounder head than most TMs, So Perceptor and Octane both have a more round head than your average TM, so they might be worthy to become an ineffectual jaw for Snapdragonode. Retirement Dragon with no teeth?

Pretty happy to get mine. Pretty happy to see it ain't covered in splatter. Pretty happy to see it has nice coloured plastic. Good fun, toy!

The heel join is so that it is balanced in robot mode but in dragon mode it follows the curve of the final tail section. You'll see that the axis of this heel is exactly in line with the tail in order for it to do so. There are small little tabs on the white tail piece that (sometimes) means that the heel goes up and down with it (but not every time because they're only small).
    It's a clever little addition that I really appreciate.