Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I.Joe Classified

Default G.I.Joe Classified

Finally received my first lot of Classified figures, and I'm lovin' them!

My first impressions:
    -The overall aesthetics do take some getting used to. I think it's a conscious decision to steer away from realism in weaponry, which I can fully appreciate in this day and age.

- What is there in terms of realism, has been done fantastically. These feature some of the best sculpts in any 6'' scale figures. Most impressive, is that there's a ton of sculpted texture on every single figure: different textures of clothing material, weathering on metal surface, gadgets attached to clothing etc. with just the right amount of details picked out by generally well executed paint apps.

- The photo real head sculpts are well executed, with technologies Hasbro had improved so much on through the MCU Legends and SW Black Series. Especially when these have no real life counterparts to compare with.

-You can just tell the designers put so much effort into designing these figures. And some these are sooooo close to being perfect for a 6'' mass market action figure. Yet being typical Hasbro, they still managed to make the most bizarre design choices. Like Scarlett's upside down backpack, giant peg holes in the center of weapon accessories, gun wielding characters having vertical wrist hinge on one arm only...

- I don't think saying these Classified figures set a new articulation benchmark for 6'' mass market figures is hyperbole. The butterfly joints could use a bit of tweak as what they are at the moment, they aren't providing that much extra range, while taking up precious parts count. But everything else works fantastically here. Especially the double ball-jointed neck, and the ball joint waist that provides that extra layer of natural torso movement.

Anybody feel the shin guards on Duke are on the wrongs sides?

Out of the lot I have, Scarlett's my favorite. Love the freckles, and the blonde highlights in the hair.

Love the asymmetry armor on Duke's elbow and Roadblock's knee.

Head size is generally what gives people the impression of "scale". Compared to standard size ML male and female bucks, the Classified figs are a bit smaller, but not to the point where they feel out of place. They might look better with the less stylized MCU and Black Series figures.

Do they have veichles for this line?

These look great though I'm not sold on the colour palette used. Where did you get them from?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Do they have veichles for this line?
    Not yet aside from a motorbike that will come with Baroness. In this scale, vehicles will probably be mostly crowd funded releases if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    These look great though I'm not sold on the colour palette used. Where did you get them from?
    Amazon still has these three in stock.

How much are they going for?
    I collect mostly the modern 3 3/4 inch Joes.
    These I've yet to explore and I'm trying to resist as i do regret getting the 6 inch Star Wars figures and don't wanna make the same mistake.
    They look great though... especially Roadblock and Scarlett.

Is it just me or does Roadblock's head sit unnaturally high above his shoulders.

I got into Joes pretty recently, well after there was any toyline on shelves, so I've been hanging out for this. And I wasn't disappointed - these figures are absolutely spectacular, about as good as action figures can be and a great starting point for a Joe fan looking to begin a collection. Though I picked up a few of my favourite characters, the smaller figures just don't do it for me - mostly because it's so hard to find a decent (and decently painted) head sculpt at that scale.

I know there will inevitably be many things about this line that don't satisfy big chunks of the Joe fandom, but I hope this amazing line is successful and brings in new fans and earns the property a place in stores for a long time to come.

For those interested in collecting these, some figures are listed on Amazon under code names, with only "GIJ CS" as the rest of the description. For example Snake Eyes is listed as Tarantula.

Oh, I've had Snake Eyes for a few days, and he's AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    I know there will inevitably be many things about this line that don't satisfy big chunks of the Joe fandom, but I hope this amazing line is successful and brings in new fans and earns the property a place in stores for a long time to come.
    I share your sentiment. Judging by the reaction of not only the Joe fandom, but the 6'' action figure fandom in general, this line is doing great imo. Figures are flying off the shelf in the US.

I actually prefer the all black color scheme on this retail version to the exclusive version with silver visor. This may look visually uninteresting, but he has so much going on! Love the contrast in surface texture between painted glossy black armor, leather, and cloth. There's so much sculpted detail. Also love the boots that are sculpted like ninja shoes.

Anyone now want a cartoon accurate purple repaint of this mold?