Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer Tuesday reveals!

G1 had a blue hangar/garage/seat

This looks... terrible.

Wasn't a fan of Ironworks, getting Greasepit because of nostalgia. Thinking I'll pass on the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    G1 had a blue hangar/garage/seat
    I was going to say, there was a little bit of blue on the original Gen1 battlestation component, and I think this Hot House toy needed something to break up the red and orange.

As someone not attached to any of the micromaster bases, I think he looks really cool. The city building aspect seems fun.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

This is just lazy. An airstrip pretending to be a fire station. At least Greasepit had some unique bits for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    This is just lazy. An airstrip pretending to be a fire station. At least Greasepit had some unique bits for him.
    It's actually quite accurate to the original toy (accessory), which was an airport fire station, complete with control tower and hanger for the Micromaster jet that came with it.

I'm more disappointed in the 3rd mode, the battlestation mode, that just looks like Micromaster Airwave's anti-aircraft battlestation mode, instead of finding an alternative joining of parts to look more like the tank that Micromaster Hot House had.
    At least the 3rd mode for the Gen1 bases for Ironworks and Greasepit are similar looking towers, so the Earthrise toys of those two can get away with being the same mould and accessories & colours can make them good homages to the Gen1 toys. Airwave and Hot House on the other hand, had completely different 3rd modes, so using the same base mould for Earthrise would have to ruin one of them, and I guess they had the more accurate homage be the mass-produced regular retail toy (Airwave), and leave the inaccurate toy for a limited number of collectors who may be more vocal, but will still be enough people to buy up all of the limited run (Hot House).

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    TBH, it makes more sense than the G1 base mode, like a plane could take off.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm more disappointed in the 3rd mode, the battlestation mode, that just looks like Micromaster Airwave's anti-aircraft battlestation mode, instead of finding an alternative joining of parts to look more like the tank that Micromaster Hot House had.
    Looking at the separated pieces in one of the images I think there's a bit of play to work out an unofficial version with a bit more red, and the cannon only on one leg such that it reflects the original a bit better.

Would have to have either Hot House or Air Wave in hand to know for sure.

An update from Hasbro Australia today - Hot House is NOT coming to Australian retail... so if you want one, order from an online or foreign source that you trust.

Today’s reveal is BUG BITE

WHite cliffjumper with BB head