Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many unopened Transformers do you have?

I have heaps. Just not that into them anymore. All my Siege and Earthrise are unopened. I need to get rid of them at this point. All my MPs are opened.

I tend to purchase faster than I open, for various reasons.
    I was never going to get much of animated, but then I was talked in to going to Botcon 2011 by a mate. of course knowing that most of the set was decepticons I started getting a few toys at retail here, to even out the ranks, then I kept seeing them pop up here and there on clearance, or discount and before you know it by the time I got back from the convention I had most of them. so I bought pretty much the whole line with the exception of some of the odd late series sets that didn't turn up on screen. I still haven't opened most of them.

I have about 45 in the study that I haven't opened.
    I haven't yet opened any of the beast wars MP's (this is partially through lack of interest)
    I haven't yet opened any of the movie MPM's (mostly because I was waiting for a place to display them)
    I prbably have another 50 odd spread out in boxes in the garage that I'm yet to open.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks for the interesting replies guys. Looks like some of us are suffering from THS (Transformer Hoarder Syndrome) . I've still got over 10 Masterpieces I've not opened so I think I'll still be behind for a while especially with all the neat WFC I've been buying and will buy. Maybe I'll never open my MP-21G Bumblebee since I'll probably get MP-45. And then there's my MP-07 Starscream, I wonder if I'll get to him before version 2 comes out!

Zero.
    I can't ever imagine myself buying a figure and not opening it.
    Interesting to read how many unopened others have.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I have four that are considered "unopened". Truth is the boxes are opened, but the twist ties are still there because I haven't yet found space to put them out yet. These are TR Trypticon, Generations Metroplex, Unite Warriors Menasor, and Earthrise Sky Lynx.

I think I'm around 80 but every single one is on display, I used to put a lot of boxed stuff in storage but realised many years ago that there was no point so sold everything off that I couldn't fit in the collection room. I'm pretty sure all the figures that are on display unopened have a window or something to see the glorious transformer inside.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

47, according to the UCM.
    e.g. a MOSC G1 Micromaster Patrol counts as four, a MOSC set of Armada Mini-Cons counts as three etc.

Almost all of these are doubles. I sometimes receive Transformers as gifts and if I already own that toy then I keep it sealed. I do occasionally acquire variants or doubles for the purposes of keeping sealed.
    e.g. the Kmart reissue Mini-Bots and Wal-Mart reissue Cassettes are things that I keep sealed because I like the look of sealed G1 toys. I already have the original G1s and previous reissues loose, so I have no need to open these figures.

But yeah, my sealed toys are deliberately in that condition. It's not because I've procrastinated opening them; if I'm going to open a toy then I usually do it almost immediately after purchase. Some of you have seen the Toy Emancipation Kit that I carry with me. I should also point out that these are 47 toys in a collection of 2451, or 1.9%. So yeah, 98.1% of my Transformers are definitely emancipated. I can't play with a sealed toy, and I have loose versions of all the sealed stuff I have anyway.

Late to the party as usual but still gonna throw this in. I have never been into keeping toys in package. As a kid I clipped the tech-specs and robot points and turfed the rest. Having said that, seeing that image of Perceptor and Blaster in box gave me that special thrill we had as kids just 'window shopping' - staring at toys that were too expensive or too numerous for us to get.

Now as then, I open and transform a toy a minimum of twice (alt-mode and back) before finding a way to display it. The exception is toys I see on sale that I'm not sure I want myself, but think a friend might like. Naturally, they stay in packaging. I think there's three in my room at present awaiting the day I can give them to people in person again.