Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many unopened Transformers do you have?

Default How many unopened Transformers do you have?

With a recent sighting in Singapore of the G1 Blaster re-release (https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...#post-18195598), it made me think of the Intel Ops set I got in Singapore 4 years ago (SGD$60, less than the current Blaster plus bonus Perceptor and tapes!). I had picked up another one from somewhere too, maybe Toys R Us in Perth.

Both of them are still sealed. I don't really keep my TFs to never open them (the windowed Platinum editions display nicely though), just had put them aside and got preoccupied with the rest of my life. So, after a quick stocktake, I'm about 30 toys behind in opening. It made me wonder a few things - how many do you guys have unopened, and why, do you get a bunch and open all straight away or savour each one, do you worry about not opening them just in case something's broken and you might still return it, how do you feel if you've left one long enough for a reissue to come along etc?

Maybe around 50? Maybe more? I don’t know. I have a strong feeling I don’t even know what I’ve got buried boxes in the garage.

Should see Sinnertwin’s backlog though. Hundreds. Maybe we should have a meet at his house and help him open them??
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nearly every toy I buy I intend on opening (if not already loose). If I reeeeeally like it I'll have a second one to keep sealed. Out of 932 Transformers only 24 of mine are sealed.
    In regards to how long I wait, I usually open things the same day I get them, or if it's one of those weeks where a lot of things come in I'll leave some for a bit, as it can be overwhelming.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I've left a few stuff like Studio Series and Seacons unopened until I have the space to display them but I almost always open soon after getting them. The only Transformers I probably won't ever open and keep sealed are the TTM 2 pack Optimus Primes that came out recently since I got both in such perfect condition and the packaging is so nice.

G1 reissue Bumblebee (the carded one from recently) is the only TF I have still sealed sitting on my wall. I don't really have much reason to open it, especially since all my G1/reissue TFs are sitting on the discarded shelf with no rhyme or reason.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I think at the moment it's literally just a Transformers 2007 movie Swindle and a Fall of Cybertron Generations deluxe Starscream. I ended up with doubles of both through happenstance.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I've got a reasonable-sized box of ones I haven't opened yet from my Japan days, which I sort of space out/open when I feel like messing around with a 'new' one. I usually try and buy loose anyway though.

I think that I have anywhere from 50 - 100 unopened in my shed. Could be more, I don't actually know the exact number.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    G1 reissue Bumblebee (the carded one from recently) is the only TF I have still sealed sitting on my wall. I don't really have much reason to open it, especially since all my G1/reissue TFs are sitting on the discarded shelf with no rhyme or reason.
    I got the re-issue bumblee as well. It definitely looks better on the card with the artwork, and got plenty of other bumblebees to mess around with anyways.

I only have about 5 Transformers that are unopened. An Encore Optimus Prime I'm keeping sealed for the fun of it, and about 4 Transformers I bought that ended up being duplicates that I'm trying to sell.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.