Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Beasts 7th Movie production news

This is an interesting one from a Russian site that was apparently showing licensed merchandise, including an item for the delayed Transformers Rise of the Beasts movie.
    It is said to be a folder that has Movie Optimus on the front, and a Mayan/Incan looking image on the back that has 10 beasts in a circle - beasts that almost exactly match the first 10 characters in the Beast Wars cartoon (all ten except Waspinator, who is replaced by a bird which could be Airrazor).
    In my mind it seems a little too coincidental to the Beast Wars cast, and I'd be surprised if the ROTB movie was using the Beast Wars cast almost exactly.
    (then again, the image is too well done to be fake... but I can't rule that out)

At an event in America called CinemaCon, apparently there was a HUGE 12 seconds of footage shown from the Rise of the Beasts movie, and from various people on social media commenting on what they saw, we have the following details...

• No dialogue.
    • It started with a shot of Optimus Prime turning around
    • Optimus, Bumblebee, and Arcee were shown.
    • Arcee was seen in her robot mode hanging off the side of a vehicle with a giant gun.
    • Arcee looks reminiscent of classic G1 Arcee (viewers opinion).
    • Optimus Prime looked very similar to what we saw in the Bumblebee Movie.
    • Anthony Ramos was shown weaving in and out of cars, and driving next to Arcee.
    • Unfortunately, no beasts were shown.

Not about the Movie itself, but a new species of lizard found in Peru has been named after Optimus Prime in honour of the filming of the next movie in that country last year.

Serious question: Doesn't Proctoporus mean "rectal passage"?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Serious question: Doesn't Proctoporus mean "rectal passage"?
    Open rectum?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Open rectum?
    'Procto' (πρωκτός) is Greek for anus, and is where English gets words like proctology and proctologist from.
    PORVS is Latin for passageway, and comes from the Greek 'poros' (πόρος); and this is where English gets the words pore and porous from.
    OPTIMVS is Latin for the greatest or best.

So Proctoporus optimus seems to translate as, "the best anal passage."

Again, I'm not trying to be funny here. Is there another meaning that I've completely overlooked?!?

Anyway, back on topic. I think it's really cool they named a lizard after a Transformer. I'd love to have one as a pet but I'm guessing there's no way I'd be allowed to bring one over here.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Did anyone else find it strange that nothing was featured for Rise of the Beasts at SDCC this year?
    It's the one event each year that every movie studio and tv producer uses to pimp out their future projects... sometimes projects that are several years away... and yet there was no movie panel to introduce the cast or show off movie footage (which should be close to finishing, as the movie was meant to be out two months ago, and the people working on it would only have a set fee, so they wouldn't be spending too much extra time working on it for free).

It doesn't bode well for the success of the next Transformers movie to not have even a teaser trailer released at SDCC... considering that they have had enough time to have a full 2-3 minute trailer done up by now, or screened several scenes to just the SDCC attendees.
    This is where massive promotional budgets come into play, sometimes costing as much as the movie itself... and where was Paramount?

Imagine if they just release it to paramount plus then the theatres few months later

Two robot voice actors announced on Instagram - Pete Davidson (an American comedian best known from Saturday Night Live) and Michelle Yeoh (recently from Star Trek Discovery).

Pete is said to be voicing Mirage, and Michelle is said to be voicing Airrazor.