Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Beasts 7th Movie production news

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Alice is barely a Transformer, and I doubt they really intended for her to be a fully blown one when the movie was made. Someone probably had an idea for a super sexy girl to turn out to be a killer alien robot as a story beat in the film and ran with it. Everyone points to it as a Pretender nod, but honestly I think we are just using our Transformers fan hats a little too much, they probably had no intent or even knowledge of the concept. The alt modes (and their corresponding kibble) that we do see in these films anyway are purely for marketing/placement purposes anyway, they have no reason to with a human.

Probably the same way all those random alien ships and stuff in DOTM are just generic alien things.
    Agred.
    She may not be an intended Pretender Transformer but Bay is a perv, that's why she is in the movie.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Take this with a grain of salt, as it is commentary from a fan, who isn't working on the movie, but claims to have been where they are filming in Canada...

For one, Optimus Prime, will indeed be a G1-inspired truck, while Bumblebee will also be present as an undisclosed yellow vehicle.
    Other robotic cast members however are particularly interesting. In Protoman’s own words: “There are other characters I saw but they are all NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) and we cannot talk about them right now. But they are Beast-related.” He ended by reiterating with “There are Beasts in the movie, and you will be happy.”
    Meanwhile, a cloaked vehicle that looks like it could be Optimus was also spotted.

The "you will be happy" comment doesn't inspire me, as we have seen what Movie Universe beasts look like, so just because a live action movie might have Beast Wars characters, don't expect them to look anything like they did in the 1990s... just like the "Gen1" characters in the live action movies often looking very uniquely different to anything from Gen1 or Generations, mostly looking more organic than robotic.
    If any Beast Wars characters do get introduced, I expect them to be more extreme versions of their Beast Machines forms, as their Beast Wars forms would look too "plain" and boring for the Movie studios when shown concept art options.

I just found out Mirage is going to be a Porsche. That sucks. How did they not name him Jazz.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/07/08/...lt-mode-437089
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I just found out Mirage is going to be a Porsche. That sucks. How did they not name him Jazz.

It does suck, but on a positive note, now that we know Porsche is willing for their products to be used for TFs, Takara has no excuse not to make MP G1 Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post

Its Movieverse, this is what they do!!

If this movie is still part of the bayverse, Jazz was already featured in the first movie, and was a Pontiac... this one might well be set 10.years before that 2007 movie, but the Bumblebee movie mostly avoided using characters on earth that weren't supposed to be there yet.

According to an article way back on May 20th, the scheduled release date of this 7th Movie is June 24th 2022, but a trademark filing suggests that it could be December 2022... or it is just giving themselves an extra 6 months buffer that they could use, if "things got even worse than they already are".