Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Beasts 7th Movie production news

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    If they did go ahead with the BW movie, they would've used the ROTF fembot (played by lovely Isabel Lucas) as a reference point for the animal transformations.
    I'm glad that never happened then. Alice's design as a Transformer was terrible, similar in the same way that I'm not a fan of most of the TF designs from AOE and TLK... a distinct lack of alt mode kibble in robot mode. Alice basically just flipped herself inside out when transforming to robot mode, whereas a Transformer to me should have distinct kibble on their bodies. With vehicular Transformers it's obviously stuff like doors, windows, wheels etc. With Beast Wars TFs we see animal parts on different parts of their bodies, but this is something distinctly missing on Alice. Thanks, I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm glad that never happened then. Alice's design as a Transformer was terrible, similar in the same way that I'm not a fan of most of the TF designs from AOE and TLK... a distinct lack of alt mode kibble in robot mode. Alice basically just flipped herself inside out when transforming to robot mode, whereas a Transformer to me should have distinct kibble on their bodies. With vehicular Transformers it's obviously stuff like doors, windows, wheels etc. With Beast Wars TFs we see animal parts on different parts of their bodies, but this is something distinctly missing on Alice. Thanks, I hate it.
    Alice is barely a Transformer, and I doubt they really intended for her to be a fully blown one when the movie was made. Someone probably had an idea for a super sexy girl to turn out to be a killer alien robot as a story beat in the film and ran with it. Everyone points to it as a Pretender nod, but honestly I think we are just using our Transformers fan hats a little too much, they probably had no intent or even knowledge of the concept. The alt modes (and their corresponding kibble) that we do see in these films anyway are purely for marketing/placement purposes anyway, they have no reason to with a human.

Probably the same way all those random alien ships and stuff in DOTM are just generic alien things.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

200 million budget, filming in Canada.

Part of me wants to see a continuation of TLK, just because I'm curious where Bay was going with the Unicron horns.

Then again, knowing how he handles continuity the next film would probably not make any reference to that at all.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Different reports say different things... so I'm still not even sure which story universe this 7th movie is following.

The huge budget is a big risk, which is going to blow out to $300-400 million after Paramount & Hasbro spend on global marketing.
    Once the fad of live action robots on the big screen wore off after the first 3, it was Michael Bay and his explosions and filming style that got bums in seats in the last couple of his TFs movies.
    Just look at the Bumblebee Movie - it was still a Transformers live action movie with robots and action to the same level as the 2007 movie, and yet it failed to draw in as many people or dollars, because the concept was old and it wasn't a switch-off-the-brain Bay-verse action movie.

Even if everything was back to normal from covid by mid-22, I just don't know how they can interest enough movie goers into seeing another Transformers movie that is somehow more exciting and different to the previous 6, to generate over $600 million at the box office (not all of the ticket price goes to the movie producer, as the theatre keeps a little to pay for its costs... but the excessive price of movie tickets these days is to cover the massive cost of screening these movies).

The project that is currently being called Transformers 7 is said to have it's first actor under negotiations - Anthony Ramos.

Another article, from the site Deadline, is listing a couple more potential cast members... but still no one has been locked in yet, so might not even end up being in it.

Theatre actor Anthony Ramos is claiming to have a lead role in the next (few?) Transformers movies.

Filming for the 7th movie is said to begin July 4th in Montreal, and end around September.

According to a French website, the 7th Movie is likely to be set in 1992, which is 5 years after the Bumblebee movie (if it is following that movie).
    (not sure where the 1992 image/logo is from, or if it is from anything official, as it looks like something promoting that 90s tv show Friends)

Someone I haven't heard of before has announced starring in the 7th Transformers Movie - Luna Lauren Velez.

Also, to support the suspected theme of being set in the 1990s, a call has been put out for cars from that decade.