Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Beasts 7th Movie production news

Default Rise of the Beasts 7th Movie production news

The next Transformers Movie from Paramount is still un-titled and the story is unknown (we still don't know which of the two proposed next projects will be the "7th" Movie)... but a bit of news has Paramount partnering with New Republic Pictures, which suggests that it will be another big-budget production (over a certain dollar amount and even the big movie studios like Paramount needs to share the expense/risk).

This comes from the collapse of their partnership with a Chinese production company after the Last Knight film resulted in a poor profit performance and a dispute over on-screen coverage of certain Chinese brands and locations that were in the original contract.

As these early news crumbs are found, I'll probably keep them all in one news topic, as they won't attract too much attention until something significant is announced, and then we will have some separate news topics to help keep the major updates easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    hang on, is this another movie aside from Bumblebee 2? Surely they're not thinking of running them concurrently? Are they?
    That's the uncertain bit, as different projects have been noted, at different times by different sources - a sequel to Bumblebee, an animated movie, and a movie to follow on from the Michael Bay universe of five movies.
    Until something is officially greenlit with a set budget, I think it is all just speculation by different invested parties (property owners and investors) who are probably just throwing in their opinions on which project they prefer to see produced next.

So, it looks like there were two potential movies being worked on at the beginning of the year (Bumblebee 2 & Beast Wars), but the Bumblebee 2 movie has won out, and a Director has already been chosen - Steven Caple Jr.

Caple is a bit like Travis Knight, in that he has very little Movie experience, but has had one big movie under his belt, with "Creed 2" (the most recent in the Rocky franchise).
    Even Michael Bay had a very small resume when he signed up to the 2007 Transformers movie back in 2005... he just managed to have a couple of them generate big bucks for the film studios.

“In January, the studio made the decision to give the entire franchise a revamp by having two simultaneous scripts that are in active development: one by James Vanderbilt and one by Joby Harold. Harold’s film eventually would be chosen as the next installment in the franchise, and once he had given his final touches on the script at the end of the summer, the studio began taking director pitches on the next film.
    After meeting with several top execs including Paramount Motion Picture President Emma Watts, the studio saw Caple as the best fit for the franchise that the studio chose to revamp at the top of the year.
    The main article can be seen here.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th November 2020 at 09:58 PM.

To be honest, I'm a little dismayed that the Deadline article is describing a "reinvented universe". I was hoping for a Transformers 6 that would pick up where The Last Knight left off, as that movie was clearly leading into more with Unicron and Quintessa. I also didn't care much for Bumblebee.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Caple is a bit like Michael Bay, in that he has very little Movie experience, but has had one big movie under his belt, with "Creed 2" (the most recent in the Rocky franchise).
    Don't you mean Travis Knight? Michael Bay directed his first movie in 1994 and has released one every 2-3 years since.

Although I would have been happy with either a Bumblebee 2 or Beast Wars movie, I'm kinda glad BW lost based on the unrealistic fan predictions I've been seeing online about what a BW movie would be like. It was never going to be a remake of the '90s series.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    but the Bumblebee 2 movie has won out
    Thank goodness for that!

If they did go ahead with the BW movie, they would've used the ROTF fembot (played by lovely Isabel Lucas) as a reference point for the animal transformations.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Don't you mean Travis Knight? Michael Bay directed his first movie in 1994 and has released one every 2-3 years since.
    Travis Knight is indeed a better comparison (which I have edited into my posting above)... but I was thinking back to 2005 when Michael Bay was first announced, that he didn't have much of a resume at that point, but had a pretty good strike rate (box office takings) on the 4 or 5 movies that he had done by then.

Looking forward to more Bumblebee goodness! I would wonder how a Beast Wars movie would work. Would it be completely animated?
    Could the story even work with humans involved if were set in a modern era? I think it'd be extremely hard to pull off. I'd be fine with a completely animated version not featuring any humans though.