Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Kingdom & SS86 toy images

So this is 2 Leaks now, 1 Kup.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    That Hot Rod has a fake chest and I'm going to repeat a comment that got disdainful responses at least four times on TFW - thats not good enough. It makes the figure an instant non purchase.
    For some. And that’s cool.

But most aren’t bothered by it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

That Hot Rod has a fake chest and I'm going to repeat a comment that got disdainful responses at least four times on TFW - thats not good enough. It makes the figure an instant non purchase.
    I disagree for Hot Rod's chest. They're just different shapes, you can either make it look accurate or real but not both. If they can still make a creative transformation, I'm fine with it.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I respect your decision not to buy it, but I would like to point out this wouldn't be a first for Studio Series using fake vehicle parts on bot modes for screen accuracy. They've done it with live action designs, so I don't see why G1 would be any different.

That said, I'm gonna be annoyed if we do start getting G1 stuff in Studio Series. From the '86 figures I've seen in Earthrise and now the SS leaks I'm genuinely wondering what is the difference between the two lines now? Can't we just let the live action movieverse have its own thing? Not like G1 doesn't get enough representation as it is.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I respect your decision not to buy it, but I would like to point out this wouldn't be a first for Studio Series using fake vehicle parts on bot modes for screen accuracy. They've done it with live action designs, so I don't see why G1 would be any different.

That said, I'm gonna be annoyed if we do start getting G1 stuff in Studio Series. From the '86 figures I've seen in Earthrise and now the SS leaks I'm genuinely wondering what is the difference between the two lines now? Can't we just let the live action movieverse have its own thing? Not like G1 doesn't get enough representation as it is.
    The scuttlebutt is that it's to extend Studio Series to the next live action film. Also isn't next year a big anniversary year for the '86 movie?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    The scuttlebutt is that it's to extend Studio Series to the next live action film. Also isn't next year a big anniversary year for the '86 movie?
    35 years.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

So yeah, it's a legitimate effort to continue the Studio Series line and I don't see it as a bad thing as SS is the one constant thing in the TF franchise that stores get in Australia.

So yeah, it's a legitimate effort to continue the Studio Series line and I don't see it as a bad thing as SS is the one constant thing in the TF franchise that stores get in Australia.
    Deluxe waves were pretty good but Voyagers and, in particular, Leader class waves have been very slow or skipped.

There's a chance though that the buyers at the Toyfair might look at Studio Series look at Generations and they might be too similar for them to buy both?

The Studio Series has had the link to the big movies (the billion dollar successes not the animated flop from the 80s) and the realistic and licensed cars/truck angle going for it to make them stand out

I don't think the well of movie characters has run dry just yet. A tribute to the 35th anniversary of the G1 movie could easily have its own line or, you know, WFC (which I am aware is focusing on BW next year).
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

G1 > Everything else.

/discussion