Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Kingdom & SS86 toy images

How very interesting. That's a thorough breakdown -exactly what I was looking for comparison purposes. Its definitely made me rethink how I feel about Cliff.

Some more leaks for Kindom as well as the 86 movie Studio Series figures. Looking at this leak, plus the old leak of Cyclonus I feel the MP is completely dead to me.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/09/13/...-images-419402
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    ... as well as the 86 movie Studio Series figures. Looking at this leak, plus the old leak of Cyclonus I feel the MP is completely dead to me.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/09/13/...-images-419402
    Yeah, that SS86 is a show-accurate G1 line is now almost a certainty. It seems like Takara / Hasbro are OK with having two lines (MP and SS) with similar aims (show accuracy and scale) but at different price points.

As for SS86 Hot Rod, I think the bot mode looks animation accurate but alt mode resembles more of Animated series than G1 Hot Rod. MP-09 was decent in both modes but had bad QC and Hot Rod mode was in the wrong scale. MP-28 had a perfect alt mode but blocky bot chest. Can't we get a perfect G1 Roddy?
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I’m definitely down for an Ark, playsets are my jam. Honestly a lot are expecting it to have a robot mode/transform, but I would be perfectly fine with it being non-transforming and still a Titan class toy. They could definitely jam more features in that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'd really love to have a decent fold-open, large playset that has an accurate form of the Ark... but Hasbro will probably cheapen it or spoil it some how.
    I really hope it doesn't turn into a robot. A transforming/unfolding playset would be awesome, though.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I'm keen for a clearer look at these SS86 figures. I detect a whiff of a fake chest on the leaked Hot Rod imagine, which is a big no from me.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Yeah, that SS86 is a show-accurate G1 line is now almost a certainty. It seems like Takara / Hasbro are OK with having two lines (MP and SS) with similar aims (show accuracy and scale) but at different price points.
    I'd say three lines, WFC is doing show accuracy and scale too.

I have a concern that the SS86 line wont scale with Earthrise because that will really annoy me. I mean do I buy Netflix Bumblebee or wait for SS86 Bumblebee? Will SS86 Jazz be too tall to stand next to Earthrise Prowl? Will there be another set of seekers in the SS86 line!?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'd say three lines, WFC is doing show accuracy and scale too.

I have a concern that the SS86 line wont scale with Earthrise because that will really annoy me. I mean do I buy Netflix Bumblebee or wait for SS86 Bumblebee? Will SS86 Jazz be too tall to stand next to Earthrise Prowl? Will there be another set of seekers in the SS86 line!?
    I think that they'll keep scale with the WFCE stuff. It's not the first time that they've shunted releases that should have been in one line sideways into another line just to get them to shelves - at the tail end of the 2007 Movie Line we had those repaints of AEC Figures and Classics Mirage that were meant to be for the Universe 2.0 line, and the Reveal the Shield figures were meant to be in Generations but there was no room for them there so they ended up in the movieverse technically.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I think that they'll keep scale with the WFCE stuff. It's not the first time that they've shunted releases that should have been in one line sideways into another line just to get them to shelves - at the tail end of the 2007 Movie Line we had those repaints of AEC Figures and Classics Mirage that were meant to be for the Universe 2.0 line, and the Reveal the Shield figures were meant to be in Generations but there was no room for them there so they ended up in the movieverse technically.
    Maybe that's why Arcee, Quintesson Judge, Allicon, Judgment on Quintesson pack, are in Earthrise instead of Studio Series, some sort of reverse approach to this too?

The Hot Rod looks absolutely fantastic, makes me quite excited for Gnaw and the dinobots. Galvatron is rumoured to be a leader class, probably in Kingdom, but he may end up voyager sized with some extras. Cyclonus that was leaked a long while ago is super cool too, he is one of my favourite G1 designs.

Maybe that's why Arcee, Quintesson Judge, Allicon, Judgment on Quintesson pack, are in Earthrise instead of Studio Series, some sort of reverse approach to this too?
    I have the feeling that because of the Beast Wars stuff, they’ve moved a fair amount of the G1 1986 updates from WFC into Studio Series to make room. Earthrise is pretty much mini masterpiece at this point, I definitely wouldn’t be surprised.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

It wouldn't surprise me. Allicon and the Quintessons are such uninspired picks for figures otherwise,