Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Earthrise Galactic Odyssey Collection (5 sets)

Definitely interested in the set
    Its a pity we only got 2 modulator molds (although room had to be made for fasttrack)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    They're a whole lot better than their original G1 names!
    True!

Depending on the name availability, would have been nice to see some Mini-con name reuse. Some suggestions I've seen were Payload and Skyblast, which would have worked well in relation to the Rocket Base colouration. Over-Run could have also been a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Flukey View Post
    Was the Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Collection Dominus Criminal Pursuit 2-Pack coming to Amazon Australia?
    Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    It was apparently meant to be but it's hard to know at this point. Will drop suddenly like the Clones if it does most likely.
    That is true... we were told by Hasbro Australia that we were only expecting two of the five sets to come to Australia as domestic stock for Amazon (the Autobot Clones pack and the Barricade/Punch set). Since the Autobot Clones pack just showed up last week as in-stock by Amazon Australia (as Australian stock), I would imagine that the same thing will happen with the other set (in that it won't appear on Amazon Australia as a pre-order, and will only be listed when they get the stock in hand).

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    What are these new ones based off of? The colours resemble Rocket Base but Micromasters are a blind spot for me.
    Others have already noted the Micromasters... as for the two main bots, when they are combined together in base mode, I believe they are meant to homage (vaguely) the Rocket Base that the original Micromaster Countdown came with, back in 1989.

On Amazon America...

US$59.99 and comes out on February 15th 2021.
    • GALACTIC ODYSSEY COLLECTION: In top secret side missions during the events of Earthrise, Autobots and Decepticons encounter unfamiliar planets, find epic adventure, and face unknown dangers
    • ENCOUNTER 5 – BOTROPOLIS RESCUE MISSION: Sky Lynx is in trouble and a team of Autobots are on a mission to rescue him; They encounter a roving comet called Botropolis and travel on it to search the universe for Sky Lynx
    • DISCOVER BOTROPOLIS WITH PLANET CARD: Pack includes 1 of 5 planet cards with key details about the featured planets; Collect other Galactic Odyssey figures to explore more planets in the Transformers universe
    • COMBINE TO SET UP RESCUE BASE: Overair and Ironworks figures are deco’d to match the WFC-E24 Sky Lynx figure colors (sold separately, subject to availability); Convert figures to Modular Battle Station modes and connect to expand the base

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    According to Paulbot (whom I think watched the presentation videos - I didn't), they noted that the deco is different... which if true, these could just be lazy re-used images from the early Hasbro versions.

I might still get them... hoping that they are different (because I didn't get the Japanese versions during PWT), and if they are the same as the previous Hasbro versions, then they can just go on display with the other exclusives from this year to face off with the Decepticon Clones.
    Since the Autobot Clones were brought into Australia for Amazon Australia to sell, and were available a couple of weeks ago, they are already in hands of fans here... and as this review shows (and I've checked with my own toys), they aren't different to the earlier Hasbro versions at all. I was really hoping (and expecting) that they would be Japanese decos, or close to it, like the Decepticon Clone 2-pack, so it was really disappointing that they didn't even do anything slightly different to make it worth getting this pack (for those wanting to buy all five Galactic Odyssey packs to complete the set, who already have the Hasbro Autobot Clones).
    It is such a missed opportunity, as more people in the Hasbro countries that this set is produce for, would be more likely to have the earlier Hasbro versions, instead of the Japanese decos.

No differences? It's almost like they cloned them...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    No differences? It's almost like they cloned them...

My eyes can't roll enough for this comment.

Man I want that Bottropolis pack somewhat BADLY. Looks awesome!

Some in-hand images of the Botropolis pack, which is due out February 15th... complete with packaging, so this should be a final production version.

This set has two of the Modulator Deluxe toys to resemble/homage the Gen1 Countdown rocket base when combined (we already have the Countdown Micromaster released with Siege Omega Supreme toy), packed with four Micromasters to represent the four Gen1 Astro Squad, and a redeco missile from Earthrise Doubledealer.
    The Deluxe toys are called Overair (Airwave redeco) and Ironworks (redeco with same name), but I'm not sure yet if the Astro Squad Micromasters have individual names.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some in-hand images of the Botropolis pack, which is due out February 15th... complete with packaging, so this should be a final production version.

This set has two of the Modulator Deluxe toys to resemble/homage the Gen1 Countdown rocket base when combined (we already have the Countdown Micromaster released with Siege Omega Supreme toy), packed with four Micromasters to represent the four Gen1 Astro Squad, and a redeco missile from Earthrise Doubledealer.
    The Deluxe toys are called Overair (Airwave redeco) and Ironworks (redeco with same name), but I'm not sure yet if the Astro Squad Micromasters have individual names.
    Overair is the Japanese name for the Autobot version of Airwave so that make sense

According to pictures of the instructions, the Micromasters are named: Fuzer and Blast Master (shuttle, same names/characters as the previous release just different colours) and Missile Master and Moonrock (Moon rover-thing, same names as G1, Missile Master is the one with the missile!)

I've had the Micromaster Base and Barricade&P/CP for order on AMazon AU for ages, and they got cancelled last night.... Stupid Amazon

Botropolis is still available to ship from Amazon US directly.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...bb_marketplace

Dominus won't ship directly here anymore but can still be ordered using a freight forwarder.