Thread: RIP Chadwick Boseman

Default RIP Chadwick Boseman

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...caa2470dc857c2

Am quite shocked and saddened by this news.

Rip

When I first saw it on my facebook feed today, I thought it had to be some sort of fake-news clickbait... but then it started showing up everywhere.
    It really is sad, and a surprise being so young and nobody knew.
    Then again, is any tragedy a surprise this year with everything else that has happened so far... and we still have a third of the year left to go.

Unfortunately for the MCU, he made his character so unique, I can't see how they could replace the actor without it upsetting fans for being too different in a story universe that hasn't made a habit of it (okay, the Hulk was one they couldn't avoid due to a pay dispute, but Rhodes was a minor character in one movie before being played by someone else, so most people don't even notice that one). After all, this isn't the DC universe, with Batman and Superman being played by different people within the one story universe.
    And I don't think the character could be suddenly written out or have the Black Panther suit/super-hero role taken over by another character, as that concept is already being done with the Thor role/character, it would seem too similar too close together.

Terrible news to receive during lockdown. We will never really know if Chadwick would've gone on to become the next Denzel Washington. But he will have a seminal place in the history of Hollywood due to the historical impact of Black Panther.

Wakanda Forever!