Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JP GEN Selects Volcanicus set for 2021

It looks like the colours are overall more vibrant and matched more closely to the cartoon rather than the toys.

And there are a couple of extra weapons to fill out the chest and interact with new feet. It also looks to reuse the fists developed for the Seacons.

It's basically another Unite Warriors box set but without the nice box (one assumes)!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So it's a cartoon accurate repaint. Given the upcoming 86 movie SS figures I'm not sure that I should invest in repaints of of the POTP toys.
    Or perhaps the 86 Movie Studio Series figures will just be these figures, it's just that Hasbro isn't selling them as a box set?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Or perhaps the 86 Movie Studio Series figures will just be these figures, it's just that Hasbro isn't selling them as a box set?
    The 2 SS Dinobots we know of so far are Leaders.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Wow they look absolutely fantastic. I'm guessing this is what Takara had lined up from the beginning, before Hasbro put a stop to their separate releases at the start of PotP. I am however wary with the release of this, as Studio Series may be just around the corner. I'll wait for a look at those (or at least one of them), I don't think this is going to be flying off the shelves anyway.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I?d be more concerned about it not being released here. That?s an expensive set, and unless Zing/EBGames ponies up, I can?t see it being released at retail.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I don't understand the price... almost AU$300 for five toys that were originally about AU$150 at retail here, and there is no resculpting or remoulding to justify the doubling of price (like we saw with the limited release Seacons, which justified their prices).

The original release of the five individual Dinobots in Japan in 2018 was 15,500yen (which is still high at about AU$200)... but to add another $100 to the price for nothing new, just doesn't make much sense to me.

Since Volcanicus (a Dinobot combiner) isn't something during the original 80s series (comic or cartoon), it doesn't even interest me to want to have a second set just to have the combined mode.
    This is an easy pass for me.

Now if TakaraTomy were to do Predaking and Abominus in a slightly different (anime) deco, I'd be keen to jump on those, because I'd love to have the combined forms to display with the other 80s combiners from Combiner Wars that TT released.

From the TakaraTomyMall page.

Transformers Generations Selects Volcanicus.
    Contains - Grimlock, Swoop, Snarl, Sludge, Slag. (cartoon colours)
    Plus 3 new weapons and alternative combiner hands/feet (possibly from Seacons).
    February 2021 - 22,000yen (AU$280-300)

Product page already has two pages of mini-comic featuring the Dinobots.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Given the upcoming 86 movie SS figures I'm not sure that I should invest in repaints of of the POTP toys.
    Good point! I wasn't really interested in these, but now I'm definitely not.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I'll wait and see what the SS versions look like. I don't collect the SS figures at all but I'm curious to see what these 86 figures will look like.

Too pricey for me, but that looks absolutely amazing.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.