Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JP GEN Selects Volcanicus set for 2021

If you consider that some places have Deluxe for $40 and Voyager $60, you could've (but shouldn't have) paid $220 for the full set of Volcanicus.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I don't understand the price... almost AU$300 for five toys that were originally about AU$150 at retail here, and there is no resculpting or remoulding to justify the doubling of price (like we saw with the limited release Seacons, which justified their prices).

The original release of the five individual Dinobots in Japan in 2018 was 15,500yen (which is still high at about AU$200)... but to add another $100 to the price for nothing new, just doesn't make much sense to me.
    Maybe they adjusted to siege pricing? Siege deluxes are now 3500 and voyager is 5500, bringing him closer to 19500 for the set. But it hasn't been that long. Cheeky buggers

Are the feet ripped from the Seacons as well?

Nah, Seacon feet were quite a bit different. Toes are more pointy and no toe spikes on top. They definitely took the design from the current Volcanicus feet and upgraded it. Notably you only get one pair of hands

Everything's going anime "plus" version now. I love the anime colours but feel like I'm getting suckered in - buy the G1 toy version then buy the G1 anime version for much more as a surprise release . At least this time you get Grimlock's double barrelled gun and don't have to look under every damn rock for Sludge and Snarl. Still, too pricey for me. I see what you're doing Takara Tomy...

I can?t interpret the story. But the comic looks *excellent* with many cameos.
    And *spoiler alert* Grimlock can now fly with wings.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The comic are NOT pages... they are full on stories!

GRIMLOCK flies using the swords as wings.

Invasion on dinobot island.

Looks like powercore Grimstone needs help and enigma-ups the dinobots!

They look so rad, I wish we had gotten them from the start in Unite Warriors before Hasbro reaching in and stopped them. As lovestruck as I am, I shall wait patiently to see what the Studio Series versions look like (hopefully cartoon accurate too).

Maybe Snarl could’ve got a dino head retool from the really narrow G1 toy head to something more flat wedge-shaped, a bit part of his look in my opinion.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Need to see him with some of the POTP hands plugged into his waist section like the original to fill out it out.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I can?t interpret the story. But the comic looks *excellent* with many cameos.
    And *spoiler alert* Grimlock can now fly with wings.
    A translation here: https://mohairtranslations.wordpress...comic-1-and-2/

Reading the comic a second time, it basically then also places all the toys post PotP, including Siege and Earthrise in the 2050 future that they have set up.

Prime is in his Earthrise form, Megatron looks to be Earthrise too, and then there are plenty of Siege and Earthrise cameos in the background, including PotP Jazz.