Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JP GEN Selects Volcanicus set for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Welp....

Zing just listed this... for $500

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...canicus-figure
    Hahahahahahahaha

For that price you're like 80-90% of the way to a Third Party combiner anyway lol
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Welp....

Zing just listed this... for $500

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...canicus-figure
    Ouch...so US$200 = AU$500 now?

It may be even worse than that. Robot kingdom has it prices for US $159, so even if you double it with the exchange rate it should come out around 318. $400 would be extravagant. I don?t know what price they were offered the set, but it really seems overly expensive. I get that its a TakaraTomyMall exclusive, but still.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    It may be even worse than that. Robot kingdom has it prices for US $159, so even if you double it with the exchange rate it should come out around 318. $400 would be extravagant. I don?t know what price they were offered the set, but it really seems overly expensive. I get that its a TakaraTomyMall exclusive, but still.
    If OMP with a single retail outlet can get them in for $210 + post & still turn a profit, & EBGames/Zing with multiple stores across Australia charges $499, there is something seriously wrong with this equation.

I could buy 20 myself, put a $100 margin on top and still come out $150 cheaper each than EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    If OMP with a single retail outlet can get them in for $210 + post & still turn a profit, & EBGames/Zing with multiple stores across Australia charges $499, there is something seriously wrong with this equation.
    Agreed. It also hurts the Transformers brand as well, as many people think $500 is the actual price for the set full stop and won't go looking anywhere else.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Agreed. It also hurts the Transformers brand as well, as many people think $500 is the actual price for the set full stop and won't go looking anywhere else.
    Besides the usual EB markup, I do think a lot of products like this at retailers like EB are very much preying upon people who recognise Transformers from their childhood but have no in depth grasp on general prices or products. Its status as a collector item as well will probably convince a disproportionate amount of people, given that many collectables in such stores are in a similar price range for genres with a lot of overlap such as superhero prop replicas, lightsabers, statues and figurines, etc.

I think the logic is quite similar for the pretty needlessly expensive reissues. Most who recognise them at a glance as toys from their childhood have no idea what price range to look for.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

The pricing still makes no sense because we've seen how cheap items can be at eb, based on what hasbro sells them at.
    Sometimes I think that someone at hasbro Asia gets the currency converter wrong from time to time.

The rest of the comparison photos by TakaraTomy, of Snarl and the combined mode.