Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JP GEN Selects Volcanicus set for 2021

Default JP GEN Selects Volcanicus set for 2021

TakaraTomy have tweeted out a teaser silhouette, telling us that a new reveal is coming soon.

The image looks like the POTP Volcanicus, but has different kibble on the shoulders and at the back... so it could be the rumoured remould of the POTP Dinobots to homage the Dinoking combiner.

The writing on the image apparently says something like "Beast Warrior Returns"... which is just as vague as the image.

If this is another Japanese remoulded combiner team (after two sets of really expensive Seacons), it could end up being a collectors import by Hasbro, and be just as expensive.

Exclusives fatigue is a real thing. Slow down!? Or just reveal everything!? I don't know what's better?

I think they'd do a six member team, one voyager torso, and five that become limbs or guns, in the Piranacon style. Why do just five?

And there nothing's to stop them from doing Monstructor too. Why stop at 6 exclusives when you could have 12 with just some paint apps and different colour plastics.

Please tell me this is coming in 2021. I'm a little overwhelmed by how many there are between now and December, and I haven't even ordered my Quint set yet.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I bet this will b a slow show of characters. They didn't drop all the Seacons at the same time, they did drop a set of the OTHER seacons though. I reckon we'll get waves like with the G1 Seacons and I also think it won't be released for a while (judging by the timing on the last batch.)

My Question is (as always) When will they release the awesome Armada Convoy they had?

Just revealed, animation accurate colour scheme dinobots & extras

https://mobile.twitter.com/TF_pr/sta...03781671845888

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Just revealed, animation accurate colour scheme dinobots & extras

https://mobile.twitter.com/TF_pr/sta...03781671845888
    Oh wow, that looks pretty cool. Makes me glad I didn't chase the PotP version but I have to imagine it'll be quite a bit more expensive than that version.

$284 straight conversion....

No enigma, but adds two sets of weapons for Grimlock

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    No enigma, but adds two sets of weapons for Grimlock
    The Magma Blades look like the swords that came with Fall Of Cybertron Grimlock (x 2)

So it's a cartoon accurate repaint. Given the upcoming 86 movie SS figures I'm not sure that I should invest in repaints of of the POTP toys.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.