Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen1 boxart jigsaw puzzle in Australia

Default Gen1 boxart jigsaw puzzle in Australia

I forgot this puzzle was announced a while ago. Isn't out until October though

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/t...-jigsaw-puzzle

1000 pieces - October 16th - $23

Last edited by griffin; 7th September 2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: added image and other details

Was that announced here at all?
    I'm not remembering it... and it is an odd thing to find at JBhifi, if not being released anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Was that announced here at all?
    I'm not remembering it... and it is an odd thing to find at JBhifi, if not being released anywhere else.
    I’m not sure. I saw it as news last year
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/06/20/...-images-389988

Okay... that one on TFW does ring a bell, but I can't tell if this one is related, as the box is different, and the listing doesn't say any company names.
    It is quite possible that Hasbro Australia have acquired the product and licensed it out to someone here to produce and sell.

Definitely something I would want... if I see it in store.

Nice find. I like the original artwork. Also reminds of me of my childhood confusion of how the promotional stuff and original toys were often mismatched with the early cartoon - why are OP's eyes yellow, where can I get OP's and Starcream's pistols, how come Starscream doesn't use his arm rocket and can the Autobots fly?

Justowen reminded me about this being out now, so I found it and bought one...

They had a LOT of different licensed jigsaw puzzles, so the company doing these must have bought up a lot of licenses and gone nuts with producing these in the thousands.
    The store that I went to (Logan Hyperdome) didn't have any of the Transformers ones out on display, but had some in storage, so either they are selling really well, or they didn't get many of them compared to all of the other ones.

Interesting to see that these were "designed" in Sydney, so probably aren't the same ones as have been found in Asia recently.

They had a LOT of different licensed jigsaw puzzles, so the company doing these must have bought up a lot of licenses and gone nuts with producing these in the thousands.
    Noticed that too at a local store (but the TF one was on shelf). With summer and lockdowns easing they might have missed the key opportunity.

My wife wants a puzzle for Christmas, sadly i don't think this would float her boat.
    Spiderken Away!

I saw a few of these today in a local JB Hifi. I thought to myself "Do I really want this thing? I'm never gonna get around to putting this thing together - & where would I put it anyway? So I left them for someone else to buy.

If anyone is on the fence, JB is having 20% off jigsaws - $18.38. Don't know until when.