Thread: 2020 Transformers Hall of Fame voting ends SEPT 22nd

Default 2020 Transformers Hall of Fame voting ends SEPT 22nd

Hasbro America has just put up a fan vote for two inductees for this year's Hall of Fame awards.
    The announcement was on facebook, but the poll is on this survey site.
    The poll is open to everyone, but ends September 22nd, which is less than a week.

The two categories this year are...

- Which Transformers PRIME animated series robot character should be inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame?

- Which figure from the 2020 TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON: EARTHRISE toy line should be inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame?

We've already seen a TFPrime anniversary toy (box) for Breakdown recently being leaked, so maybe this will be tying into that (maybe toy and HOF winner both announced at the Pulse Con at the end of the month).
    The Earthrise question only includes Deluxe and larger.... many of which haven't even been released yet globally (something similar happened last year, or the year before, with the fan-vote happening for SDCC, but many of the items including the big toys, weren't even out yet).

Voted in only in the earthrise category and it is commander class skylynx

Does make you wonder which toy Hasbro will have already decided to put into production for a possible re-release or redeco.

I'm not sure where it was announced (probably during one of the Pulse-Con presentations), but the winners of this year's Hall of Fame awards...

• Earthrise Commander Class Skylynx (toy of the year)
    • Transformers Prime Knockout (robot character of the year)
    • Gregg Berger (human inductee – voice of Grimlock, Skyfire, Outback, and Long Haul)

Yep at PulseCon. Gregg joined in to say thanks.

Was kinda surprised Knockout won but I guess he’s one of the few very uniquely original characters introduced in the show.

I imagine it was due to an online campaign to see a cult figure win. .. or someone voted dozens of times with different IPs.

I voted for Knockout and I'm pretty glad to see him get in.

He's one of only a few truly unique TF Prime characters - Airachnid, Dreadwing, Predaking, and Bulkhead also potentially in the mix there too.

But out of all of them, he's who I think of when I think of a Transformers Knock Out and had enough character and personality to stand out from the rest of the Prime characters that if the HoF is from Prime characters, then he's the one to go in. The remaining ones like Starscream, Megatron and Soundwave are variations on a theme and not sufficient to be a distinct entry into the HoF the way BW Megatron would be.

I voted Bulkhead, but I thought Arcee might have won.