Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF Gen Selects Volcanicus listed at Zing

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There is no way I can promote that to fellow fans with a clear conscience... or even expect anyone will buy one. Fortunately these sorts of pre-orders are only ordered from Hasbro based on how many units are pre-ordered, so EB won't be stuck with expensive product that they can't sell, and then refuse to order any more TFs.
    As it is, this one is not going to leave EB games with much confidence in the Brand if they end up with zero or single digit pre-orders (and I'd feel bad if I didn't encourage people to shop around if they really really wanted this set).
    This is a Voyager and four Deluxe toys, with what equates to a minor redeco as both versions are majority grey plastic. The original five from Hasbro were at most AU$180 in stores... while the TakaraTomy release (which was the exact same toys in the same packaging, with Japanese language stickers on the outside) were about AU$250.

Even OMP (and maybe RK if they have it) could have it posted to someone in Australia for about AU$250... and I'm supposed to encourage people to spend $500 just because it is at a local source.

Even after it has been dropped in price by $100, I still won't be promoting it...
    (the $500 price was actually an error on the part of EB Games, and were asked to fix it... unfortunately, it won't go any lower there)

Mighty Ape has it for $424.99. Makes Zing look like a bargain.

Volcanicus has left the Zing Website

In defence of the $399 price point, that was the price of God Neptune, and in the ballpark of the individual Seacons if you got all of them from Zing, and most of us were pretty happy with that at the time.

I think it's more because many of us already have a version of these figures that $399 seems like a lot to ask for for what you get. Yes - it is a big ticket price anyway and probably pricing many out the same way MPs are tending to now - but I feel we see this as more of a sting for Volcanicus and now Abominus because we already had mass retail versions of them.

I don't know if "happy" is the right word. "Tolerated" is more correct? For me the Seacons were too expensive but they were all major new retools, compared to these guys with new paint.