Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF Gen Selects Volcanicus listed at Zing

Default TF Gen Selects Volcanicus listed at Zing

Just listed at Zing, nice to have a local option, but the price ($499) leaves alot to be desired

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...canicus-figure

27 July 2021 Release date

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Just listed at Zing, nice to have a local option, but the price ($499) leaves alot to be desired

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...canicus-figure

27 July 2021 Release date
    Woah, just when I thought God Neptune for $400 was high. Happy to get it from OMP for half that.

There is no way I can promote that to fellow fans with a clear conscience... or even expect anyone will buy one. Fortunately these sorts of pre-orders are only ordered from Hasbro based on how many units are pre-ordered, so EB won't be stuck with expensive product that they can't sell, and then refuse to order any more TFs.
    As it is, this one is not going to leave EB games with much confidence in the Brand if they end up with zero or single digit pre-orders (and I'd feel bad if I didn't encourage people to shop around if they really really wanted this set).
    This is a Voyager and four Deluxe toys, with what equates to a minor redeco as both versions are majority grey plastic. The original five from Hasbro were at most AU$180 in stores... while the TakaraTomy release (which was the exact same toys in the same packaging, with Japanese language stickers on the outside) were about AU$250.

Even OMP (and maybe RK if they have it) could have it posted to someone in Australia for about AU$250... and I'm supposed to encourage people to spend $500 just because it is at a local source.

BWAHAHAHA

$100 per figure for what are quite mediocre figures?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wow, its only $450NZ at EB New Zealand (and Toyco and Mighty Ape) .. and even then it is an easy pass.
    I ordered one via OMP, but am having second thoughts (but can't cancel)

If it were Abominus or Predaking done with some minor deco changes, I'd go for it (from the cheaper foreign option), because Abominus never got the boxset treatment and I want a second set of Predacons to have one in combined mode... but the Combiner Dinobots is just something I don't have an attachment to, because it was never a concept in the original era of stories, or ever really (if they did in a more recent story setting, I'm drawing a blank on it).

If I'm not mistaken, the Power Core Combiner "Dinobot" set was probably the closest we had to a combiner Dinobot toy team in the 36 years of Transformers?

It's gone down $100, good news for anyone contemplating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    It's gone down $100, good news for anyone contemplating it.
    I'm guessing they saw the price for God Neptune, realised they weren't that much different and changed the price OR Hasbro AU told them to.

Sucks if anyone preordered it for $500. I ordered from ohmyprimus, still considerably cheaper than 399
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

They can do better than $399